Not meant to be

Guest Squareman

Guest Squareman

Hi all

After being offered a job and a 457 sponsorship, I was told today that the visa application will be withdrawn because the company now cannot meet the visa requirements. I had submitted all of the necessary documentation and my medicals were booked. Apparently, they have lost a whack of clients over the last few weeks and now cannot guarantee the required income.

I have been on this Aussie mission for three years and it has been one disaster after another, so perhaps its just not meant to be.

I would like thank, from the bottom of my heart, all of those who have been so helpful to me on this board.

You are special people and deserve to live in such a great place.

Best wishes

Grant (Squareman)

Oh Grant that's such a shame, it was really looking like a sure thing this time. Are you going to keep trying? What line of work are you in, are there any other companies you could try? I'll keep everything crossed for a solution for you, after all your efforts you really deserve a break.

Guest Nick11

That's heartbreaking.

DON'T GIVE UP though.

We had state sponserships rejected twice and hubby failed meds.

Keep plugging away..you got a job offer once..who's to say you won't get another.

Don't give up.

What about New Zealand..if you can't get here.Worth a thought?

Hi all

After being offered a job and a 457 sponsorship, I was told today that the visa application will be withdrawn because the company now cannot meet the visa requirements. I had submitted all of the necessary documentation and my medicals were booked. Apparently, they have lost a whack of clients over the last few weeks and now cannot guarantee the required income.

I have been on this Aussie mission for three years and it has been one disaster after another, so perhaps its just not meant to be.

I would like thank, from the bottom of my heart, all of those who have been so helpful to me on this board.

You are special people and deserve to live in such a great place.

Best wishes

Grant (Squareman)

Aww mate thats just so s""te.....

If you want it bad enough mate...dnt give up.....thats if you have any thing left to give after all the knock backs you have had........

All the best on whatver you decide and whichever avenue you go down.

You know where we all are should you need anything....

HG

Guest BAZnDAF

Thats not good news. However, things change all the time, so maybe things will be different in a year or two. Hang in there and have another go when things change.

Good Luck

Guest Team 'W'

Hi Grant, we are in oz and believe me it hasnt been a bundle of fun ,were just about getting started and its took nearly nine months, there has been blood sweat and lots and lots of tears..We hit brick wall after brick wall and i gave up months ago ,BUT hubbs didnt...But what im trying to say is we to thought it wasnt meant to be ,but were still here !! and if you really want to do it ,there is ways and means round everything ,just dont GIVE UP .. you have been fighting for three years, KEEP FIGHTING !! i WISH YOU ALL THE LUCK IN THE WORLD MY DARLING !!! it is hard ,but it will be worth it ...take care

Elaine x

Hi Grant,

Sorry to hear about this.

Please don't give up.

We first applied for New Zealand. After all the stress and issues that sunny South Africa has we just wanted a slower pace of life. Anyway...we were totally devastated when we were refused!!! Some technicality to do with apprenticeship and trade tests. We still had the option of just flying there, getting a job and work visa though.

I know what you feel like. All the time and effort and all those plans.

I am mentioning this for another reason...the Trans Tasman Agreement. Many people who have issues getting into Oz go to new Zealand and then come here after getting New Zealand citizenship. It's a longer process and more upheaval but to be honest, it gets you out of that place.

Tyke has the right advice. take a few days and take stock.

Don't give up... remember " a boer maak a plan" !....Go to plan b mate!!

Tamara

Guest Squareman

Wow, thanks so much for the encouraging words everyone!

Plan B is for us to go to Edinburgh, Scotland. I was born there and my wife is welsh, so we all have british passports. I'm not sure how long I will stick it out over there and perhaps we could try again in Australia in a couple of years.

This last trip over really got to me though. I was offered an amazing position, heading up the Adelaide office of a global company. I was offered shares in the business, they were going to pay my relocation costs and the money was great. I had another interview lined up too, but when the first company sent me a formal offer of employment, I had to inform the second company of this news. They told me that they also were interested in offering me a job, which put me in a situation where I had to choose between the two. I chose the first company because the offer was much better, but then that fell through and in the meantime the second company have hired someone else.

Sick innit?

Guest Team 'W'

Squareman you WILL do it ....there is ways and means round everything ,just stay positive !!!! that special job is out there somewhere with your name on it !!!! keep SMILING and keep TRYING ...IT WILL COME GOOD !!

Take Care hunny ...

and best wishes ...

Elaine x