Last weeks in UK.....

she1971

OMG....what a harrowing time the past 4 weeks have been.

Sooo busy and emotional, really didnt think I would be like this....have cried bucketloads, and now feel like an emotional drained rag!!!!!

The worst was seeing the boys sobbing as they said final farewells to their mates OMG....awful.....and then saying bye to my best mate ever yest, friends thro thick and thin for nearly 15 years and our kids love each other and see each other every Thurs after school......what will we do now????

I am hurting sooo much but my head keeps saying it will be OK.....the kids will love it, boy I hope so!!!!!

Ok....chin up, got a lunch time leaving do at work to get through today, a BBQ at friends tomorrow they have insited on, family meal Sun and another Mon before we leave for airport!!!! :swoon:

I do think that we will be OK once we are at the airport and then we can concentrate on being excited again. Just really didnt realise how many friends we have and what we mean to them.......but life is for living and we are going to give this our best shot.....

Guest clare

AHH, thinking of you very much we go in 5 weeks feeling awful already too! Chin up this is what we wanted right? try and look forwards xx good luck, safe travels

Guest Skippy

Hi Sheila,

we arrived in Adelaide 3.2.10 and the previous 4 or so weeks to getting on the plane were exactly as you've just outlined. It was a very stressfull draining time and I almost wished it away! You have so much to look forward to. Just take everything slowly but surely. I'm sure it'll all come right for you and your family.

Love Anna x

Guest kangomik

Aww the last 4 weeks are the best, are real tummy churner!

Things change once you arrive at the airport, the serious head screws on and you concentrate on things to do.

Seeing as you have a couple of days left be selfish. think of what you may miss the most, then think of the tiny things, a food, a place, a person you really take for granted. Visit it enjoy it, because it is the smallest things you take for granted that you will miss.

Not long till the adventure starts, hang on tight the next 10 days are a rollercoaster, but like all scary rides it will come to an end.

That is the part im not looking forward to, we have just over 3 months left so all summer to spend with friends and family (and we are so close), although i dont know if i will crack when i have to say goodbye to my boys and my beautiful granddaughter. We have barely spent a day apart all their lives.

Sheila please let me know how you get on once you get there.

GOOD LUCK

Guest Team 'W'

Hi Sheila , this will be the hardest thing you will ever have to do in your life, it isnt easy an im not gonna say it is, but it dus get better eventually, we got skype and everytime my mum or sister got on the tears flowed again, and did for a while, but you learn to live with it,im lucky my kids have took to oz like ducks to water and thats what makes the difference,if they wasnt happy we would struggle ...

But you are coming to a country with fab beaches ,great weather and not just in summer were near the end of autumn and its gorgeous,theres lots to do if you get up and put the effort in,you will have offers of coffees,beers,bbq's and other get togethers [please take the offers]you will find out all you need to know to live ,to get around,were to go for days out etc !!! what to do AND WHAT NOT TO DO !!! the driving has a lot to be desired,and dodgy traffic light systems but you will work them out lol ...

So good luck and thoroughly enjoy your last days,wks in the uk ,cry all the tears you can cry [we have all done it] and believe me nine months on an i still do it ...

So keep in touch and let us know what your plans are when you touch base here in oz and hopefully if your not to far away have a get together ???

Wishing you all the luck

Elaine x

Guest joolz

Hi there,

Appreciate how you are feeling as we only have 3.5 weeks left. Just wish someone could hand me a fast forward remote so I don't have to do the painful goodbyes...but guess it's all part of the package. Keep bumping into people and thinking I may never see some of them again...but this was our choice so onwards and upwards...on the other side of the coin we will be meeting some great PIA peeps in 4 weeks time and that is something to look forward to...

Guest Janine3979

It's our last 4 weeks too, arriving on 22nd June can't wait, not looking forward to saying the goodbyes but making sure they are all set up to do video calls on skype.

Good luck hope everything goes ok for you!!

It's our last 4 weeks too, arriving on 22nd June can't wait, not looking forward to saying the goodbyes but making sure they are all set up to do video calls on skype.

Good luck hope everything goes ok for you!!

We could all be a bunch of freaks that you wish you had never met.....:):)

Catch you soon on the sunnier side.......

HG

Hi Sheila,

It will be worth it when you get here. The goodbyes are hard but I am sure there will be people over to see you. Let us know if you fancy a drink when you are settled.x

Hi there

Would be great to meet up once settled. Have OAA in Sturt to start with, is that far from you???

That is the part im not looking forward to, we have just over 3 months left so all summer to spend with friends and family (and we are so close), although i dont know if i will crack when i have to say goodbye to my boys and my beautiful granddaughter. We have barely spent a day apart all their lives.

Sheila please let me know how you get on once you get there.

GOOD LUCK

Hi Andi

I really didnt think i would be like this.....nothing prepares you.

Will def post how we're getting on as I have loved reading those posts myself, and sometimes like today its only the posts on PIA that have kept me going!!!!

Wishing you all the best for thecoming months, cherish the time left with your family.

Will be waiting to meet up with you for a drink when you arrive!

She. XXX

Hi Sheila ' date=' this will be the hardest thing you will ever have to do in your life, it isnt easy an im not gonna say it is, but it dus get better eventually, we got skype and everytime my mum or sister got on the tears flowed again, and did for a while, but you learn to live with it,im lucky my kids have took to oz like ducks to water and thats what makes the difference,if they wasnt happy we would struggle ...

But you are coming to a country with fab beaches ,great weather and not just in summer were near the end of autumn and its gorgeous,theres lots to do if you get up and put the effort in,you will have offers of coffees,beers,bbq's and other get togethers [please take the offers']you will find out all you need to know to live ,to get around,were to go for days out etc !!! what to do AND WHAT NOT TO DO !!! the driving has a lot to be desired,and dodgy traffic light systems but you will work them out lol ...

So good luck and thoroughly enjoy your last days,wks in the uk ,cry all the tears you can cry [we have all done it] and believe me nine months on an i still do it ...

So keep in touch and let us know what your plans are when you touch base here in oz and hopefully if your not to far away have a get together ???

Wishing you all the luck

Elaine x

Hi Elaine......Thanks.

We have OAA in Sturt initially.....is that near you?

Would love to meet up and will def accept all the invites we get that we can!!!!

Have set everyone up with SKYPE!!!!

Soooo 3 days til we leave, just got to get through 1 day at a time.....be fine once we're on that plane I'm sure......

She. XXX

Hi there,

Appreciate how you are feeling as we only have 3.5 weeks left. Just wish someone could hand me a fast forward remote so I don't have to do the painful goodbyes...but guess it's all part of the package. Keep bumping into people and thinking I may never see some of them again...but this was our choice so onwards and upwards...on the other side of the coin we will be meeting some great PIA peeps in 4 weeks time and that is something to look forward to...

Joolz......I felt exactly like that, and kept saying if only we could just fast forward and be on the plane!!!!

Guess you're right....its part of the process......

See you in Adelaide! XX

Really interesting reading what everyone are going through. We don't fly out till September 8th and already feel totally stressed out. We are now moving out of our rental house, removals coming on Thursday to take our stuff then moving in with the in laws till we go. Soo excited but dreading the day we say goodbye to all the family and friends. We are lucky that we have good friends currently living in Sellicks Beach and can't wait to make that our new home but odd little things go though your mind, are we making the right decision? Who knows but we are going to give it are best go!! Don't want to be sitting here in a year or two thinking what if!! Lets enjoy the british summer, if we get one and look forward to our new life downunder!!! Good luck to you all and if you are going to Aldinga or Sellicks please get in contact and come and join us for a cold one!

Guest TraceyT

Hi guys,

We fly to Adelaide from Manchester on 27th June and we too are right in the middle of our goodbyes to family and friends. It has started to hit home now and the weight of it all is huge. My daughter is in the middle of her GCSE's too which doesn't help (everything has to be calm for her!!)

It sounds like there are a lot of us arriving within a few weeks of each other. which will be nice.

We are staying in Brighton/Hove for 12 weeks in a short term rental (me, hubby & our 2 teenagers). See you there.

Guest Team 'W'

Hi she1971, Sturt, now your asking !!! ive only been here nine months and guess what ive never heard of sturt,but it will be interesting to find out were it is ,even if its just to catch up for coffee my darling...hope is all going to plan !!!

I had to laugh ,one of the replies to yourself from traceyT was that sounds like a lot of you are arriving within wks of each other !!! well, i answered a lady on pia who was finding it hard to come to terms with living in adelaide,and she didnt get out much,we contacted each other and have since become friends,not realizing we was on the same flight coming out to oz from leaving the uk to arriving here...so the people next to you on your flight could end up being your long term friends over here !!!you just dont know ....

But even if you are to far away dont let that stop us from nattering to each other,it dusnt matter how far as long as we can help you to make sure your transition to oz is as easy and calming as it shud be...and if you have any questions just hop on here and ask away,there is always someone who has done it ,been there,is going,or is thinking bout it,and they will be more than happy to share it with you ...or other questions you may have...

So ta ta for now and keep in touch...

elaine xx

So take care ,

Hi Sheila

Just thinking of you flying out tomorrow, you must be in turmoil. Good luck and wish you all the best.

Jonny, you fly the same time as us but guess been in Norwich you wont fly with us from Manchester.

Anyway good luck and hope to meet you on the brighter side

Guest needtogonow
Hold tight fasten your seatbelts...open your knees and feel the breeze....welcome aboard the best roller coaster in the world...

Enjoy....

Were all here waiting for you on the other side....

HG

Brilliant,

I love your positive posts HEAPS GOOD, they always make me smile.

I remember you wrote some good optomistic responses to us when when we were going through the visa process and just before we came out.

Exactly what we want to hear on here.

Bex

Guest hel&sam

ooh honey, i feel for you, i was exactly the same, never cried so much in my life. dont bank on being ok at the airport, i took one last look at manchester departures and started again???? mind you, i think thats what helped us get away with being overweight on the cases, the check in girl didnt have the heart to charge a sobbing woman, she already had to tell me to empty out a couple of kilo's on handluggage.

You'll be ok by the time you get to singapore, its over with then.

lots of luck

• 2 weeks later...