Tra

Guest susanmary38

Guest susanmary38

hi guys

we are just starting out on the process of applying for permanent skilled visas & would be grateful if we could get some support.

1. were do we send my cv, references & skilled papers to[ tra], is there a payment?

2. we understand once this is done we can then apply to the S.A gov for our visas.

Cheers

Leo n Sue:confused:

Guest Django
hi guys

we are just starting out on the process of applying for permanent skilled visas & would be grateful if we could get some support.

1. were do we send my cv, references & skilled papers to[ tra], is there a payment?

2. we understand once this is done we can then apply to the S.A gov for our visas.

Cheers

Leo n Sue:confused:

Hi L & S,

1. It depends on what skill you are going out with. ie if you are a nurse it will be Australian Nurse & Midwifery Council. What is your trade?

2. spot on. Once your skill assessment has been completed you can then apply for your visa.

Pete

Guest Aussiebound
I'm going in as a skilled sheet metal worker,

thanks for the reply

Hi

Neil passed TRA and is now classed as a Metal Fabricator / Boilermaker. We went with agents Go Matilda who's help we found invaluable during the process. It can get quite tedious at times, trying to collate references from all former employers. They sent us draft copies etc to make sure we got it right first time. They also give you step by step instructions as to what you need to do next.

Hope you get on ok.

Sarah

Guest susanmary38

Hi Guys

Thanks for all your help, think I've sushed out the TRA process [sheet metal]

correct me if I'm wrong

Photo copy all your documents, as they will not be returned.

documents reqd:-

birth cert

pass port

3 no former employers references

all your trade certificates

c.v

$300.00 international bank cheque

post to TRA, Canberra

Leo n Sue:jiggy:

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi,

When I did mine not only did I have to provide trade certificates ( carpenter & joiner) but had to explain how and what I do in my trade.

For example I could not just say that sometimes I hang doors, I had to, in detail explain how I hung doors, measure door, measure opening, plane door to fit opening, mark door for hinges, use chisel to cut out timber etc. etc.

I also had to mention all tools,machinery,materials I have worked with in my trade.

You can't give them to much information in the end I filled 11 sides of A4, worrying, tedious, boring but all worth it in the end.

Good luck

Guzzler

Guest dglamoore

Don't forget the very very long and detailed job desciption you need to do. The references also have to be extremely detailed :huh: Ours took 2 months to get together and was over 60 pages in all and was the most stressful part for us of the whole visa process :arghh:

The rule with TRA seems to be write EVERY detail down and you cannot send too much info!! We went with an agent and he told us to write the whole lot as though a 5 year old were reading it - it needs to be that basic and detailed. If we can help just shout :cute:

Lisa:v_SPIN: