How many dogs?

Guest dotti

Guest dotti

Hi,

I have one dog registered in my name and my son's girlfriend (who lives with us) has her dog registered at our rental property. My daughter from the UK wants to come and live here with us, but wants to bring her 2 dogs (all are small dogs) but is panicking because she's read that you can't keep more than 2 dogs at a property.

Does this apply if you own your own place too?

Has anyone else had experience of this problem?

I know it's going to be very hard to rent with 4 dogs so would be looking to buy somewhere when she gets here.

Is it really hard to get a permit from the council?

All help appreciated!

Dotti

Guest Guest75

In the Onka Council only 2 dogs are allowed .

But you may get special permission for an extra dog.4 may be pushing it

It applies if you own your place.

We took in a third dog and had a bit of a fight.The council sent out a ranger to inspect our property. He was happy ;)

Be nice to any council official - it pays!;)

Guest dotti

Thanks, I spoke to the council today. They want applications in writing and then they will send the Ranger (does he look like Aragon in Lord of The Rings? ):cute:

They can't see there being a problem but if she can't bring her dogs she won't come!

Dotti

Guest guest569

My neighbour has 2 outdoor dogs that sleep in their pergola outside my bedroom window I must get woken up at least 20 EVERY night be it a week day or weekend. If they upped it to 4 dogs it would be hell !!!( as if its not already !!!)

My friend who lives in Golden Grove has 3 maltese/bichons - don't think she has obtained permission from the council either!

She should have!

Any person wanting to keep more than two dogs on their property are required to obtain an approval under the by-law. (their bad grammar, not mine!)

Taken from (Page 22) http://www.dogsncats.asn.au/webdata/resources/files/City_of_Tea_Tree_Gully_Animal_Management_Plan_2007-2012_%28approved_by_Council_10_July_2007%29.pdf

Guest Guest75
Thanks, I spoke to the council today. They want applications in writing and then they will send the Ranger (does he look like Aragon in Lord of The Rings? ):cute:

They can't see there being a problem but if she can't bring her dogs she won't come!

Dotti

The council can be very reasonable,they just do not want houses over run with pets.

The Ranger that called upon us hd a hous with 42 cats to dealt with:shocked::shocked:

BWT the Ranger who called did look a bit like Viggo ;)

He was here for a while - abut 10 seconds to convince him we looked after the dogs,the rest spent chatting

Guest dotti

If the ranger looked like Viggo I'd hold him hostage!:biglaugh:

I may be able to get around it by registering son's girlfriends dog at her parents address. Daughter's chihuahua's are so small no-one would notice them anyway!!

I think it's a good thing that dogs are monitered - must make it so much easier to act if they are a problem. It's just the 'what if they say no?' concern!

Thanks for all the help!

Dotti

Guest Guest5035
My neighbour has 2 outdoor dogs that sleep in their pergola outside my bedroom window I must get woken up at least 20 EVERY night be it a week day or weekend. If they upped it to 4 dogs it would be hell !!!( as if its not already !!!)

A dog in our street has just been reported to the council for barking, the people on the street have been notified by the council and are to report any barking.

stevo

Guest guest569
A dog in our street has just been reported to the council for barking, the people on the street have been notified by the council and are to report any barking.

stevo

Cheers mate. I reported them about a year ago and was told to make note of times and amount of barks. :goofy:

Guest Guest5035

TTG council have changed thir policy now, they notify the dogs owner letting them know theres been a complaint. If no better after 1 month then the times are noted and then off to court.

Stevo