migrating in September

Guest m.and.m

Guest m.and.m

Hi all migrating on 3-09 family of four Mike 48 Maria 42 James 20 Carly 19 really looking forward to it but also getting anxious mostly about the kids settling and making friends just wondering if anyone else in our situation? would love to hear from you

Hi m.and.m

Firstly welcome to PIA.

In relation to meeting people, it just means getting out there and going along to as many meets etc as you(kids) can initially, it doesn't take too long before you get a good social circle going.

There are always things being arranged on here by members so keep your eyes peeled when you get over.

Andy

Guest janmoo

:arghh: I am posting this for anyone with ADVICE or possibly I need referred to a loony bin. We are moving out in Sept 2010 and are just back after yet another reccie to adelaide. As the time to move gets closer I am completely frozen by fear. Our house here in UK is not sold so we will need to rent it out so that worries me. Then my hubby is an umemployed carpenter here due to the recession and I am afraid that when we go it will be the same there. I am freakin out about leavin my neice and nephew and mum. BUT I am in a catch 22 coz if we dont go then my hubby will go nuts because he is very keen.

I am in a no win situation and am soooo scared. Has anyone else felt like this?? or am I a drama queen?

We've had the permanent residency visa for a few years now so we have to go or we will lose it. Does anyone know if he goes first and my visa runs out what happens then? Its a subclass 136 under the skilled migration for south australia and runs out Feb 2011. Help!!

I feel soo guilty coz people would give their right arm for this opportunity.

:arghh: I am posting this for anyone with ADVICE or possibly I need referred to a loony bin. We are moving out in Sept 2010 and are just back after yet another reccie to adelaide. As the time to move gets closer I am completely frozen by fear. Our house here in UK is not sold so we will need to rent it out so that worries me. Then my hubby is an umemployed carpenter here due to the recession and I am afraid that when we go it will be the same there. I am freakin out about leavin my neice and nephew and mum. BUT I am in a catch 22 coz if we dont go then my hubby will go nuts because he is very keen.

I am in a no win situation and am soooo scared. Has anyone else felt like this?? or am I a drama queen?

We've had the permanent residency visa for a few years now so we have to go or we will lose it. Does anyone know if he goes first and my visa runs out what happens then? Its a subclass 136 under the skilled migration for south australia and runs out Feb 2011. Help!!

You are going through the same feelings as hundreds of others have gone through before you...its natural you are going to be out of your comfort zone for a while until you settle.

Once you settle and make friends and get on with it you will be fine.....you have to have validated your VISA, if you have not validated and it runs out then you could be in trouble....contact an agent if i were you just to clairfy this matter.

Stressing and worrying is all just part of the migrating process...its one hell of a roller coaster...and i am glad to be on it !!!!!:swoon:

HG

Guest Janine3979

Hiya,

It sounds like your really worried, it all depends on how you look at it. But just thought I'd suggest another way of looking at it may make it seem a lot more positive.

Your OH is unemployed here so it can't be any worse in Adelaide and could potentially be a lot better. If you can rent your house out in the UK that would more or less cover the rent in Oz, if you could get a family member in the UK to manage renting your house it would take away a little of the stress.

As for leaving your family there is nothing really you can do about that but video calls on skype are free so you can chat face to face as long as you want.

You need to way up the pro's and Con's and decide whats best for you and your family but there are generally soloutions to most problems if you think about it long enough.

If you try it and it doesn't work out at least you won't regret not trying and you'll have a house in the UK to come back to.

We are arriving in 2 weeks so hopefully will be settled in by the time you arrive and if you need any help just let us know.

Good Luck ( whatever you decide to do )

:)

Guest janmoo

:confused:Thanks Janine for that!! All the best for the move. We have validated our visas a few years back (our visa has a 5 yr run out time) so I HAVE to be there by Feb 2011. We have been to OZ 9 or 10 times and are just back about 6 weeks after spending a week in Melbourne with relatives (or rellys as they say there) and 3 weeks in Adelaide so its not that we dont know the place. Its just me being neurotic and I have this thing in my head that I am going to end up backing out of it all!! But I am going to tell myself that I am goin on hols !! Im great when I'm there its just the getting there!! Keep the posts coming!! Thanks to all...:notworthy: