I want my Visa...Im fed up waiting !

Guest Chris&Trudy

Guest Chris&Trudy

Hi guys,

Im a newbie to this site. Just like to say hello to all you members.

Well...here's the low down. We started our visa application way back in 2008 after visiting my sister in Adelaide. I had my VetAssess approved as an Office Manager and I moved on to the last stage. I filled in all the relevant paperwork and forwared it to the Agent. She sent it to the DIAC and I got confirmation back from her that my application had been received by them on the 6th November 2008. I 'm applying under a 475 Regional Skilled Family Sponsored subclass category. She said that it would take about 7 to 9 months to process and that last piece of evidence they would require is the police checks and medical's.

However, here is where the fun begins...In the new year my agent told me that because of the recession they are ceasing to process my particular type of application. We're now a year on and still no movement with the Visa. We've had our lives left in limbo because we dont know whats happening.

What I would like to know is if anybody on here has suffered the same torturous pain like we have and had to wait this long for their visa or is the Migration Agent trying to pull the wool over my eyes. I regularly read the updates on the immi.gov.au website however its such a minefield I dont know really where to begin.

Im getting a bit annoyed and I want to fire a rocket up the a**e of the Migration Agent but if it is true what she says then there's really no point.

I would greatly welcome any comments you guys may have so I can set my mind at rest.

Thanks

Chris (34)

Trudy (33)

Josh (5)

Ollie (7m)

Guest needtogonow

Hi,

Have you tried posting this on Poms in Oz? Gollywobbler on there may be able to give you some honest advice, she has helped alot of us on there and knows all when it comes to the complicated visa process.

Good luck and hang in there,

Bex

Guest tom66

Hi.. Your agent is not pulling the wool over your eyes im affraid. I think you are stuck in catagory 6 or 7 at the moment and with still many catagory 5 to process you could still be in for a very long wait.

The problem is that DIMIA are sitting on 147,000 applications and the goverment want to reduce this number by capping and killing of applications. There is a bill trying to be put through at the moment that would give the Minister the power to cancel a application as if it was never made and refund the applicant. With all the changes that are going on with more to come no one knows what is going to happen in the future. The fact is the minister wants to pick and choose who comes into Australia and like many i think it is totally outrageous that somone can wait 3 years and then told sorry but we do not want you any more here is your money back.

The goverment have tried to address the problem by changing the sol to reduce future applicants but they still have 2 years worth that they are sitting on. Like yourself i am fed up with waiting and to be honest i dont think i will get my visa (cap and kill) but what i want the minister to do is this. Stop mucking people about and if you do not intend to process there application then refund now, people need to get on with there lives.

thanks tom

yes,we are soooooo fed up of waiting too.!!!!we started the process 18 months ago,had to wait 6 months for a date for my husband to sit his vetasses exam and then were told we could be waiting til 2012. now we believe we might be going within the next 12 months, we dont know what to do next,very frustrating-youre not alone, clare

• 1 year later...
Guest Chris&Trudy

Hey guys,

Well I heard back from my agent the other day and it looks as though they are starting to process the back log (about friggin time) They said it would roughly take about a year or so to process as they are working on June 2008 and we are Nov 2008. I suppose its better than not processing it at all so mus'nt grumble. I think I can wait another year, Ive waited this long.

Has anybody else heard the same news from their agent.