Tea Tree Gully

Guest The Broadheads

Guest The Broadheads

Hi PIA - can you help??

I am right in my thinking, that the main industrial areas (by that I mean industrial estates where the factories etc are located!) are located in the North of the City- are`nt I??

I am looking for work as a Maintenance Engineer (Fitter) and am thinking that as I need to come out 1st (and get sorted with a job pretty damn quick) that I need somewhere to rent close by - was looking around Tea Tree Gully way.

Any one live in TTG who could give us their opinion/experience on the area, schools etc?

We came on our reccy late `08 and stayed in Hackham, close to Port Noarlunga and really liked it in the south, but the jobs I`m looking at are in the North and it would leave me with a commute up the express way and through the city every day - I know its not that far but I never did the trip during rush hour and I`d rather be closer if I can!

Any help gladly recieved - my head is done in, looking around, at everything!!!:biglaugh:

Guest Guest5035

I live in Wynn Vale around a 10 minute drive from TTG and i too work as as Blow Moulder come Maintenance Fitter around a 10 minute drive from my home. Work is all over the place not just up North.

Re the area, good and bad, same as wherever you live, it depends on the people that live in the area, great for schools,shops,etc etc, again just like any other area, i can vouch for TTG Council though, really really good.

Stevo

Yes, the suburb of Tea Tree Gully is really nice, on the edge of the hills, good transport links (great roads, great public transport, the O-Bahn), good schools, good shops, large open air pool in the summer, good pubs, good council. You won't go far wrong there. Look also at: Vista, Fairview Park, Highbury, Hope Valley, Dernancourt, Athelstone, Wynn Vale, Golden Grove, Greenwith, Yatala Vale, and if you want something a bit more countrified, One Tree Hill.

Home2Home have just put a comprehensive suburb guide on their website - http://www.h2.com.au - which you can sort by distance or view by suburb alphabetically - worth a browse through.

Guest Team 'W'

Hi matey ,

give me123 a bell on here ,she lives in tee tree gully ,an her man is an engineer ,he could give you some pointers [MAYBE] ..Ideas were to look for work ...

Hope they are able to help ,good luck !!!

ELAINE X

Guest kangomik

I reckon it will be easier to find a job in the north due to the fact a lot of industry is up this way, but it does not mean you cannot move on after a while once you have got your bearings sorted and know what you want.

TTG has everything you will need except a beach, good access to many things it's a good base we like the area and settled just outside although we still travel the kids to school in Highbury.

Guest The Broadheads

Thanks to you all;). Great replies - just what I wanted!

It sounds about right, will go ahead and look for a base/job etc.

House over here is`nt sold yet (:arghh:) don`t know what to do?

We are just a bit worried about moving the kids about too much and spoiling the whole experience, but we`ve just gotta get on & do it, as long as we are all there, spending time together and enjoying the lifestyle, i guess it will work itself out.

Thanks again

Guest Jersey Bean
I live in Wynn Vale around a 10 minute drive from TTG and i too work as as Blow Moulder come Maintenance Fitter around a 10 minute drive from my home. Work is all over the place not just up North.

Re the area, good and bad, same as wherever you live, it depends on the people that live in the area, great for schools,shops,etc etc, again just like any other area, i can vouch for TTG Council though, really really good.

Stevo

Stevo,

As you're in Wynn Vale and close to Greenwith and in particular the TTG MX Club off Para Valley road, do you know what the noise level is like on a Sunday morning? Infact we're looking at a rental in Silveracre Pass but just over the hill behind the house there's the track which looks quite close but its difficult to see how the gradient of the hill will reduce the noise.

Any experiences welcome or if you know anyone living nearby that may be able to make comment that would be great.

Cheers

Rick

Guest Guest5035
Stevo,

As you're in Wynn Vale and close to Greenwith and in particular the TTG MX Club off Para Valley road, do you know what the noise level is like on a Sunday morning? Infact we're looking at a rental in Silveracre Pass but just over the hill behind the house there's the track which looks quite close but its difficult to see how the gradient of the hill will reduce the noise.

Any experiences welcome or if you know anyone living nearby that may be able to make comment that would be great.

Cheers

Rick

I,ve been there a couple of times and by the track its pretty noisy, which is expected, but as to living there not so sure. I guess if you are renting then hopefully you'll be moving on, Kangomik lives in Greenwith he might know more. Personally i'd be more concerned about the noise from neighbours, thats 24/7, MX is only 6 hours on a Sunday.

Stevo

Guest kangomik

Ruben Richardson Drive will get a fair bit of noise, and so will that new housing development on Golden grove next to the retirement village. Not to mention the dust!

We don't hear much maybe once or twice a year if the wind is blowing the wrong way, we live near the shops on target hill road cobbler creek end.

I have ridden the track a few times, they usually run 20 minute slots between the kids and the adults, and when busy they split the adults to, so it's not a constant noise for the 6 hours. There are one or two quick lads and they have the revs up which means real noise. What you have to remember is there are not a lot of bikes turn up.

The track is also open on a Tuesday usually 3 to 7 if the light is there,but what you have to take into account is the amount of time the track is closed, 2 to 3 weeks before the meets the track is closed, it's closed if its going to be over 32 or 34 degrees i reckon its only open about 30 weeks per year 35 tops.

It's a bloomin hard track and i have the broken ribs to show for it LOL

Guest kangomik

Whoops i just looked at the adress location.

Go the beach on a sunday and don't leave the washing out.

You won't see the track from where you are as the hill is quite steep, so you won't be able to pull a chair up and watch!

Hi there,

We've been in Oz 2 years now, brought a house at Fairview Park, tea tree gully absolutely love it, very green, established & beautiful.

40 mins from the city, 30 mins from Semaphore beach.

My OH Mechanical fitter works on cranes at Wingfield seems to be lots of industries there, 30 mins drive away.

We arrived here no jobs, sold house, worried how the kids would cope, all fitted into place, kids adjusted better than me & loved it from day one.

Sure all will be well with your move, good luck :wubclub:

Guest Jersey Bean
Whoops i just looked at the adress location.

Go the beach on a sunday and don't leave the washing out.

You won't see the track from where you are as the hill is quite steep, so you won't be able to pull a chair up and watch!

Thanks for the heads up, Im also a keen biker but not sure about the wife. I'll make sure that no washing is out on a Sunday and you never know I may get involved with marshalling etc etc. Cheers Rick

Hi there,

Have to be honest here, actually had to ask OH lol!

He replied, 'works on all types of cranes, often whatever he gets sent to repair or service'

Works for Crane services & they seem to have numerous contracts

Used to work on power stations, repairing pipes & leaks, machining etc back in UK but returned to spanners here at the moment.

What do you work on?

Claire x