Flights

Guest ali@51

Guest ali@51

Hi All

Just been thinking about the flights and wondering if anyone knows the answer to this one. Morgan is hopefully going to fly out 4-6 weeks ahead of us and then come and meet us in Singapore. All this is fine so far but it leaves me with this issue of getting to singapore with an 8,5 and 2 year old and this is the biggie posibly 4x 40kg of luggage oh and 1 pushchair:arghh:. It wont be a problem at this end as my Mum and Dad will be with me to help with the luggage and we will be reunited with the light (or should that be luggage carrier)of my life by the time we hit Adelaide. However what I need to know is if we have a 12 to 24hr stop over in Singapoor will we have to reclaime the luggage or will the airline just put it on our next flight out. If we have to reclaime it will I be able to get help:wacko:. Any Idears. And where has the light bulb smily gone when you need it:realmad:

Guest theshearers

HI

As far as I am aware, if you are having a stopover of that length and will be leaving the airport then you will have to reclaim your baggage and go through the the whole checking in, customs, immigration process etc when you come to board the flight to Oz.

We only had a 4hr transit stopover in singapore airport so didn't have to get our luggage. If you are travelling on your own with the kids then you can ask for assistance when you book the flight and there will be somebody waiting there to help you. If you do this it may also be handy to ask them at check-in at Heathrow (or wherever you are flying from), to confirm that there will be someone there to help.

I hope this is of some help. (My sister works for a travel company so I can check this with her when I speak to her next, just to make sure).

Vicki

Guest dglamoore

If this is just the transit time in Singapore you will not see your cases until the other end ;) If you actually check out to leave then cases will come to you although there is somewhere you can leave them at Singapore airport so you would not have to take them all with you :o

I know someone else that had to do this earlier in the year and she said the flight staff were fantastic helping her all the way through the flight and it was nowhere near as bad as she thought :D

Lisa:wubclub:

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi,

Confirming what others have said, transit flights you won't see your luggage until Adelaide, if you have a stopover, in our case( excuse the pun) we had 4 days, collected our cases, and left them all except one at the airport, we paid about 20 pounds for 5 cases to be left.

There will be plenty of staff to help you in Singapore,

Good luck

Guzzler

Guest ali@51

Thanks for that everybody. to confirm I want 12 -24 hr gap to recover from the flight with 3 little angels but I have no intention of going any futher than the hotlel in the airport to recover swim eat and if forced do a little shopping! It is however a relife to no help will be available even we do have to retrive the cases.

Guest Rachel & Jeff

Ali

If you're not going to visit Singapore itself I'm not sure that the hassle of a stopover will be worth it.

I've done several 12hr flights to a time difference of 8hrs and really suffered from jet lag both ways but when we went on our reccie we did the whole 24hr flight with no stopover and I think the length of travel time helped with adjusting to the 81/2hr time difference. It only took a couple of days to be completely on Oz time.

This is just my opinion and I didn't have to do it with young children but it might give you something to think about.

Rachel

Guest Django

:idea:Our plan is to take a night flight over to Singapore. Hopefully the little darlings will sleep most of it. Spend 12 hours on the ground and catch the next flight to ADL hoping again that they will sleep the vast majority of it.

Not worried about jet lag. We can recover/adjust once there I think our fellow travellers may get the hump with us if we flew while they were all active. :wacko:

Hi there - Sorry to hijack the thread but we are having a stopover in Singapore and have got the bonus luggage allowance. The plan was to pack one case that would have all our bits and bobs in for SIngapore and then leave the rest - whereabouts is the left luggage place - Is it easy to find? Also I know that some medications are illegal certainly in Dubai is there any problems with medicines in Singapore - specifically Phenergan and Paracetamol - Just in case?

Many Thanks

Lindsey

Guest ali@51
:idea:Our plan is to take a night flight over to Singapore. Hopefully the little darlings will sleep most of it. Spend 12 hours on the ground and catch the next flight to ADL hoping again that they will sleep the vast majority of it.

Not worried about jet lag. We can recover/adjust once there I think our fellow travellers may get the hump with us if we flew while they were all active. :wacko:

So the pigs are all loaded and ready to fly at the same time as you and Tracy then are they? Just to refresh your memory let me remind you of our flight hone from the USA with Pippa at 19m. She would only sleep on me for 20min stretches and woke in between for a good yowle befor getting another 20 min. you might think your fellow travellers will get the hump when they are suposed to be awake but just wait for the looks they give you when they want to be sleeping;).

Guest Guzzler&Sas
Hi there - Sorry to hijack the thread but we are having a stopover in Singapore and have got the bonus luggage allowance. The plan was to pack one case that would have all our bits and bobs in for SIngapore and then leave the rest - whereabouts is the left luggage place - Is it easy to find? Also I know that some medications are illegal certainly in Dubai is there any problems with medicines in Singapore - specifically Phenergan and Paracetamol - Just in case?

Many Thanks

Lindsey

Hi,

When you come through customs and out into the airport concourse, turn right and walk towards the exit at the end, just before the exit you need to bear right where you will find "left luggage", if you need to find the Singapore stopover desk, it is all the way up the other end of the concourse. Don't know about the medication, although when there I had to buy some parecetamol in a local pharmacy.

Good luck

Guzzler

If you're in Singapore for over 6 hours you can get a room at the transit hotel

http://www.airport-hotel.com.sg