Is this salary enough for Adelaide - to all Adelaidians

Guest Etienne

Guest Etienne

Firstly I dont know if its Adelaidians or Adelaiders :huh:

My wife and I have SS and planned to move to lovely Adelaide in June 2011, but recently had a job interview, and it went VERY well. They offered a little over 100k (AUD) pa plus superannution. So I might be out there much sooner now.

My question is if this is a decent salary for Adelaide, and would it be enough for comfortable living? We would initially have to rent, and would like to live close-ish to the city centre. We do not yet have kids (so no expense there), but we will most likely buy a car when out there.

I have checked a online salary calculator so more or less know what the net salary will be, but no idea all the costs I need o takeinto account. My wife will also eventually work.

Any advise greatly appreaciated :notworthy:

Guest Guest75

That's a good wage to have coming in :)

A small family could live comfortably on that depending on your outgoings.

As a really rough average, a lot of jobs are around the $50k for skilled.

Guest The Dimmocks

We are surviving on less than half of that, 3 kids, we do get the family tax credits which help, but we getting on great, dont miss out on anything we want.

Guest Etienne

Hi ALL

Thanks for the kind advise. I thought as much. My predicament is that they pretty much want me to get out there NOW. That is near impossible as I have a notice period here, etc etc etc.

And to Justin, Etienne = French Hugenot, defo NOT French :-)

Guest kerfumph
Hi ALL

Thanks for the kind advise. I thought as much. My predicament is that they pretty much want me to get out there NOW. That is near impossible as I have a notice period here, etc etc etc.

And to Justin, Etienne = French Hugenot, defo NOT French :-)

It depends on if you bring any money with you. If you don't and want a nice house nearish the cbd with decent neighbours (EG Unley) That's gonna cost 700K +. 100K pa won't pay for that.......

Guest Etienne
It depends on if you bring any money with you. If you don't and want a nice house nearish the cbd with decent neighbours (EG Unley) That's gonna cost 700K +. 100K pa won't pay for that.......

Hi,

We will not be coming over with tons of cash, and will not immediately buy a house and will be renting. What is renting in Unley (or similar like)?

For future when we will look at buying a house, I dont mind living further from the CBD as long as not too far. What areas are more affordable, up and coming and "good neighbours"

Guest mike and tor

ummmm..... I would be cautious on that sort of wage. I mean, just how few man servents will you have to look after your estate? But if your used to slumming it some what I suppose 100k will do. Lol.

Good wage.