initial entry dates...... aah please help

Guest P00hbear

Guest P00hbear

Hi all

Hopefully someone can help?

We have at last just received our letter confirming that we will have our visa..... yeah after 7 months we should be pleased!!!

And we are but have had the biggest shock...... they have given us just 4 months to enter to validate our visa!!!!

Our medicals were done in march 2010 but my husbands police check was october 2009 and they have taken the year entry date from this!!! aaaargh - i had thought that we would have a year from our medicals.

It says on the letter that once the visa is finalised, it is illegal to change the date of entry - my question is - is the visa finalised now or will it be when we have sent the passports to the DIAC to evidence the grant of the visa? I am wondering whether there is a chance that we will be able to change our entry dates to december 2010 which was our planned entry date?

hopefully someone will have some advice for us that will cheer up our weekend.... can't believe that we heard this on a friday night and have to wait until monday to do anything about it - but i guess we should be used to the waiting game!!!!:arghh:

Guest Django

I'm affraid this is correct. Police checks and medicals are both only valid for 12 months so you have until one of these has expired to validate the visa.

Guest Nicky&Andy

when we sent our passports off they came back with visa's in, and clearly on them was dates to be validated and final dates to enter australia after you have validated but as you said we did have 10 months to validate ours, and our final date to enter is beginning of feb 2013

Hi, our application took nearly 3 years. Towards the end we were told we would be another 3 years with all the changes, only to be told weeks later that we had the visa and had 3 months to go ! We appealed this and were told go or visa cancelled. So no chance of it being changed I'm affraid.

Similar thing happened to us..

The agent we had suddenly told us to go and have the medicals.

We later found out from the company he worked for it was for no other reason but to shut people up and to make you think things were moving along smoothly.

This was no problem to us at the time because you have to have them done at some stage dont you?

Well I got a phone call from the agents boss in OZ on 9th September 2009 to tell us we had to be in OZ before December the 24th 2009.

We franticly booked flights and flew out 6th Nov 2009.

So a lot of the time things move very slowly and then others you have no control over how fast they are moving.

When we look back we laugh about how fast you can book flights and say good by to people and maybe it was for the best not dragging along.

All the bast Rob and Mel

Guest katsmajic

We were expecting our visa's in the september 07, police checks were done the previous december so we knew we'd have from grant/september til december to actually move and had it all planned for the end of september.

We ended up having to beg them not to grant our visa in aug 07 as i broke my leg and couldnt fly - our medicals were going to expire in april 08 and if i hadnt got clearance to fly (which didnt happen til march 08) we would have lost the visa. We moved in the april, 2 weeks before the validation date expired.

It is detailed in all the notes for the visa's that you have to validate within a year of either the medicals or the police checks which is why they dont recommend front loading.

So its either mad panic to get moved over here, or sort a validation trip for the you all, dont not do it - my bro didnt validate and is now having loads of hassles to get another visa.

Guest P00hbear

Thank you all for your posts....... i am even more panicked now!!! OMG we have 4 months to sell up and go or shell out for return flights to validate and come back, just to leave the country by the end of the year!!!! what am i doing sitting on the computer!!

We did it all in 10 weeks, start to finish - sat on the plane with the house under contract but not completed! Look on the plus side - it does focus the mind somewhat!! Within two months of landing here (in a country my OH and kids had never even visited before) we'd bought a house, two cars and a dog...

Guest P00hbear
We did it all in 10 weeks, start to finish - sat on the plane with the house under contract but not completed! Look on the plus side - it does focus the mind somewhat!! Within two months of landing here (in a country my OH and kids had never even visited before) we'd bought a house, two cars and a dog...

you do inspire me........ i am trying desparately to keep myself together and just get on with it :)