agent or not to agent

Guest gilksy

Guest gilksy

please advise....... has anyone done the whole emmigrating thing without a agent.

how easy was it or does everyone think an agent is the way to go. ?????

next thing was does anyone know whether it is worth attending one of these seminars, how helpful are they or not as the case may be...............:huh:

Guest kangomik

Seminars are not to great, but will give you an idea.

We did it without an agent, as have many others. It all depends how good at filling forms out you are, and how complicated your application is.

Sites like this will help you along your way

Guest The Coyne Family

Hi we're not using an agent either and i have to say its stright forward enough not too bad at all.

Just make sure you read all the information on the DIAC web site everything you need to know is their.

Best of luck with it.

Maria.

We didn't use an agent. Had planned to, but then got three different answers to the same question from three different agents, and none of them were right! After that, decided to do it ourselves. Every form and set of guidance notes are available online, so unless yours is a particularly tricky set of circumstances, just start reading and pulling the pieces together ... after awhile it starts to make sense!

Jim

we didnt use one either. did it all myself and saves us the fees. like everyone said just check your forms and read all the info they give you... it really is quite straight forward - just a little time consuming at some stages!!

also whenever you get stuck or have a question, if you ask on here im sure someone would be able to help.

Good luck.

Guest needtogonow

We also did it ourselves and it felt good to know we had saved the money.

Every little helps as lets face it, it's very expensive to emigrate.

Bex

Guest PeterT

We did everything ourselves. It can be difficult finding the information on the government websites but if you are patient then you can find out everything you need.

Take each stage one step at a time.

The most complicated bit for us was sorting out getting our cats there.

We will be arriving in Australia on 6th August and Adelaide around the 12th. It has taken just under a year from the start of seriously doing the paperwork.

I would definitely attend one of the expos, if nothing else it will give you an insight into different aspects of life. We learnt loads just from chatting to the people on the stands, and not necessarily about what they were there to promote.

Hi

As someone said on here, if it was straight forward you don't need an agent.

We used an agent who was really good even though Niki is pretty good with paperwork and it doesn't phase her.

We used an agent because of complications and lack of time e.g not enough hours in the day. I am a roofer (for the last 25 years) and they were asking for a work history of training back to year dot and it all had to be precise, same with references. I couldn't remember that far back and I never kept paperwork until Niki and I got together.

When I started roofing they did not do training courses, it was on the job training not x amount of years at college with prac.

We actually wrote the basics and adapted them for each one in line with the requirements and forwarded it to the people giving references (as advised by the agent). We were also leaving two children behind who, one was living with us and the other one wasn't. so had to go through all the rigmarole of that.

If you can do it without, then do so but then we would do exactly the same again.

Sorry to sit on the wall as such.

J & Niki