Kids passport photos - where to go in the South?

jo_marnes

My Son needs a new passport but I don't trust him to sit in a booth and have them done (can imagine me spending a fortune!!). Has anyone been to an actual shop/ photographer to have them done? We are in Hallett Cove, don't want to travel too far, but need to get it sorted asap. Thanks!

Guest WhatNow?

Don't know about in the South but up here in the NE Suburbs I went into a local Chemmart pharmacy and one of the assistants took the pic on a normal camera in the private consulting area and then put the SD card into their normal photoprinting machine. The machine does all the tests to see if the picture is suitable (right distance away, enough space around the face etc, they are fussy here!) and then prints the set - cost me $9.99.

Theres a camera shop in marion shopping mall.. not sure of the name of it.. its on the 1st floor, on the same side of coles.. think its a couple of shops along from Dusk..

They know if a photo is acceptable & will retake as many times as needed.. ( my son kept smiling & they ended up taking about 15 photos!! imagine the cost of that in a photo booth!!) think it cost $12.

Guest panther

To get the correct size you must go to an Australia post outlet that does passport photos as some shops do not know the law regarding passport photos and wil be rejected.

Guest rachinadelaide
To get the correct size you must go to an Australia post outlet that does passport photos as some shops do not know the law regarding passport photos and wil be rejected.

Some POs don't know the rules either!!!

My husband had his taken at the PO at Mile End and when he took them back (to the same PO) with his completed application they were rejected because there was glare off his glasses as flash had been used. He argued and they reluctantly said they would submit them but with the sulky disclaimer that 'they'll probably be rejected'.

Luckily they weren't!