Citizenship test - anybody taken it recently ??

Dawn

:unsure:

We now qualify to take this - despite the updated conditions @ 01/07, anybody out there done so recently ?? How long did it take from applying to getting the appointment etc - any info welcome

WE only applied on 27/6 had our test appointment confirmed by post yesterday - as 07/07 - gosh that's quick - help better swot the booklet !!!!

I'm doing mine this week :shocked: My husband did his last year and said it took 25 mins, all multiple choice questions on the computer. You just walk in and if a computer is free you can take the test, so don't need an appointment.

You can practise online the immi site.

I'll let you know how I get on! :wubclub:

Judi x

Good luck Judi.

Hope you know all about sir Donald Bradman!

When we arrived here it was a two year residence period but it changed in July 2007 to a 4 year period.

My OH was backwards and forwards and spent many months outside of Oz. He therefore didn't qualify for citizenship until he had actually been resident here for combined 2 year period However, he was allowed to write the citizenship test at the same time as the rest of the family but didn't qualify for citizenship until months after me. Same story with my daughter. Our family has therefore been to three ceremonies and we have a 4th for the OH on the 8th of July!

But we all wrote and passed the test at the same time.

As well as online, it's a good idea to get them to send you the book to study from.

Tamara

No you have to have an appointment now. You have your interview which is just checking your paperwork and identity etc. Then you go and do your multiple choice test. Just read the booklet, there is mostly common sense stuff, but be sure on Aussie government stuff and national flags(3). I took 5 mins to do the test, got 100% but then I've been here for ages and my son grilled me good thing seeing as he was the one who made me sign on the dotted line :biglaugh:.... Just waiting for the ceremony now, from July 1 is now governed by Dept immi instead of the local councils. Local councils do them, but they just get told who is on the list and when I think .....