Any news on how long the SA SMP are deing delayed for???

Guest jillabong

Guest jillabong

Hi All

Was just wondering if anyone had heard recently when SA are likely to announce their SMP???

Most of the other states don't seem to be ready yet and all have varying time lines for their announcements......... I am sure there must be others out there who are feeling just as anxious as we are at the moment with all this waiting around :wideeyed:

Many thanks in advance,

Jill

Guest r_1159
Hi All

Was just wondering if anyone had heard recently when SA are likely to announce their SMP???

Most of the other states don't seem to be ready yet and all have varying time lines for their announcements......... I am sure there must be others out there who are feeling just as anxious as we are at the moment with all this waiting around :wideeyed:

Many thanks in advance,

Jill

I heard middle of August but again you cannot rely on them, your signature shows that you have applied for visa so why are you concerned about SA smp ?

Guest The Coyne Family

Hi Jill,

I just got my ss on Monday, on Tuesday i received an e mail from the department saying i had to apply urgently to DIAC for my visa by the 14th of July. i was wondering what the urgency was as they normally give you 60 days.

I posted this on PIO and was told, an agent told someone the SMP for SA will be ready mid July.

Lets hope so but time will tell. Fingers crossed when it eventually is published most of us waiting are on it

Maria.

Guest jillabong
Hi Jill,

I just got my ss on Monday, on Tuesday i received an e mail from the department saying i had to apply urgently to DIAC for my visa by the 14th of July. i was wondering what the urgency was as they normally give you 60 days.

I posted this on PIO and was told, an agent told someone the SMP for SA will be ready mid July.

Lets hope so but time will tell. Fingers crossed when it eventually is published most of us waiting are on it

Maria.

Hi Maria

Thanks so much for that, lets hope it is mid July, that would make sense with having to get app into DIAC before 14th.

And fingers toes and everything else crossed that we will be on it, and that DIAC will just transfer all SS peeps over, and hopefully dont have to re-apply..........well, here's to wishful thinking anyway :D

Thanks again

Jill

Guest WhatNow?
Hi All

Many thanks in advance,

Jill

My contact at Immi SA told me today that there is no date as yet for an announcement but said that 'SMP/List not likely to be ready before August'. So it looks like more waiting around for the next few weeks at least.

Guest WhatNow?
Visa section on SA website down today any reason for that?

Maybe getting things ready for the mad rush!!!

She did say to monitor the website for changes so maybe they are updating now. She said things were busy at the moment but defo no announcment on SMP/list before August.

Guest Jules37
Hi All

Many thanks in advance,

Jill

Hi

I have just read on the pomsinoz forum that one of the migration agents received an e-mail from SA which stated their SMP would not be ready until at least August. Hopefully only a few more weeks and everyone will know if the new SMP will have a positive or negative impact on us all. I hope it will be positive, reckon we all need a bit of good news for a change!!!! See copy and link below.

Jules

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/89372-state-migration-plans-state-sponsorship-13.html

Just in from South Australia. Seems that an August start is most likely now.

I would like to acknowledge your emails expressing your concern and the anxiety of your clients of the uncertain situation of sponsorship applications at the moment. Immigration SA is making every effort to reinstate the facility to provide State Sponsorship for the new Program Year 2010-2011 as soon as possible.

I have been aware that in the meantime, DIAC will accept state sponsorships for occupations that are on the revised Skilled Occupations List. However, Immigration SA will not commence accepting new applications for State Sponsorship until the State Migration Plan (SMP) is implemented. Information about the SMP and the sponsorship eligibility list and any new criteria will be available on the Immigration SA website when they are finalised. While I am unable to provide you with a date when the SMP and the associated List of Occupations for Sponsorship will be published and/or implemented, I can advise that this is not likely to occur before August 2010. Every effort will also be made to advise you as soon as I can.

Monitor our website regularly at www.migration.sa.gov.au – for the release and implementation of the State Migration Plan and the List of Occupations for Sponsorship for the new Program Year. Any amendments to the criteria, process and processing times will also be published when the State Migration Plan is released and all current and new applicants must meet any new requirements.

Current complete applications for State Sponsorships for 176 Visas received by Immigration SA (and not yet processed) may be considered for Sponsorship when the new State Migration Plan/List of Occupations is released. Emails are being sent to current applicants/agents to advise them of the action they need to take.

Note that Sponsorship approvals provided prior to 15 May 2010 will only be valid until 5pm Adelaide time on 7 July 2010 (the 60 day validity will not apply). If your client has not lodged their visa application with DIAC by that time, the sponsorship approval will expire.

Thank you for your support for South Australia. Please monitor our website regularly for updates.

Cheers,

George Lombard

George Lombard LLB(Hons) MARN 9601056

george[at]austimmigration[dot]com[dot]au

www.austimmigration.com.au

• 3 months later...

I just realised I forgot to give an update. In the end, I resigned, applied for relevant positions all over Australia, informed immigration about my situation and waited! I received the response that immigration will not cancel by visa or permanent residency and I am now working in Sydney. I still miss Adelaide a little but am much more suited to Sydney so it all worked out. My employer forgot to ask for the money back so I won't be chasing them up on that! Thanks for all the words of advise along the way!