shipping costs

Guest TREVOR

Guest TREVOR

has anyone got any info on what the cost of shipping an average sized house contents to Adelaide. i.e suit, kings size bed,single bed, sofa bed, 3 wardrobes table and chairs, pictures plus ornaments general things.

Or what to take and what to leave.:wacko:

Guest kas17

Hi, we are just over £4000 for a 20 foot container,3 bedrooms, living room and dining furniture plus kitchen stuff and lots of toys, that is with Anglo Pacific

Karen

has anyone got any info on what the cost of shipping an average sized house contents to Adelaide. i.e suit, kings size bed,single bed, sofa bed, 3 wardrobes table and chairs, pictures plus ornaments general things.

Or what to take and what to leave.:wacko:

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/transport-shipping/17254-what-bring.html

Some useful comments on here

We have just booked shipment for a three bed house with dorree bonner and going groupage and it is costing us £3000. we had loads out and the quotes did vary a lot. Most said we only needed 850 cubic feet so no need for full container, thats including everything except two wardrobes.

Shop around and get loads out is my advice.

Hi

We had two estimates & John Mason's came in at around £1300 for 259 cu ft. The other compnay were £600 more but estimated the furniture at a lot higher cu footage so we obviously went with John Masons. So far so good just waiting for delivery now.

Tracey

Hi

Our shipping arrives in three weeks as we didn't arrange ours until we left.

We went to three different companies at high and low level. Were going to go with Pickfords but decided not to at last minute as said we would have problems with my son's toy quad bike being shipped. Were recommended by someone off here to use a company called Wentworth International who we did go with. We have a shared container but that was with the contents of a biggish 3 bed house and the contents of the garage and we paid just under £2,900. We did pack ourselves though and they just wrapped it in brown paper. Hope this helps.

Niki

Guest munsters

We used Whites - approx 3,900 gbp - 4 bed full container - only problem - said 6-8wks delivery ended up taking 12wks (not good). Used Allied Pickfords when we had to return (excellent*****) similar price - only took 6wks door to door.

We used crown relocations as they have there own depot here £6000 for a 40ft sole use container which included all the costs this end.When getting quotes check they include the clearance through cutoms etc as some firms don't include this cost and you may face hidden charges.

Whilst i am typing anyone else go with Crown relocations for shipping??? I ask as we had 15+ cd's missing all of the same genre plus afew other bits and bobs they said they'd check all nooks and crannies~by the time they finally did this the insurance we took out £1200!!! was nil and void as you have 2 wks from delivery to claim!!! It was the fact they had taken all the time insisting they would look for the stuff in the first place! ffs! Then they had the nerve to say if we wanted to take it further we should contact the police here and in the uk! Like they would be interested!!

So please if anyone has used Crown and had a similar thig happen please tell me

Guest kas17
We used Whites - approx 3,900 gbp - 4 bed full container - only problem - said 6-8wks delivery ended up taking 12wks (not good).

We got a quote from Whites too ( only 3 companies replied to us wanting to quote). White seemed quite disorganised saying they would phone the next day with quotes etc and it was always 2/3 weeks later, just got a bad feeling

Guest Sachertorte

I would really recommend John Mason- they were fantastic. Nothing missing and no breakages, excellent communication and use Wridgeways here, which is very good. I am sure many other expats on here have used them and would recommend too. Expect to pay about £ 3500 plus insurance for your 20 ft.

HTH

S