overall cost of emigrating???

Guest Tanya

Guest Tanya

ok looks like selling the house isn't going to be an option for now as needs work done to it etc etc. we're thinking of going ahead and selling it at a later date but obviously means we won't have the collateral from the house sale to fund us so will have to start saving :sad:

so the question is: how much did it cost to get you over there? we'll both have full time jobs to start within 3 weeks of arriving so should get paid a couple of weeks after that so not needing to keep ourselves going for a major length of time

Guest Carla

Hey Tanya,

I moved over here in Sept '07 with a 4 month old and my Ozzie partner. I can't remember the exact cost of our flights for all 3 of us (think they were around a grand sterling). I also had to pay for my subclass 309 visa - around 400 pounds, then we also shipped over 66 cubic feet of stuff which came to just under a grand.

So I think for us the total cost to get us over here was around 2,500 pounds.

Guest cornish Busdriver

Not totaly sure on the cost but something like in pounds.

2.5K shipping

3K for the pups

1500 flights

12K set up money e.g. rental bond , cars, funiture and cash so i could take a month off to get settled.

I think in total including the PR visas somewhere around the 17 -18K mark

Hi

We flew on 19th June & paid £570 each for a one way flight with Singapore Airlines & £58 for 17 days insurance. Our container cost us around £1,300 for 250 cu ft plus about £70 for marine insurance. We've also paid around £1,300 for a 3 wk short term rental.

Also bought a second hand car for about £3,200 (9 yr old ford falcon).

Still have to organise a long term rental so will have to pay rent up front & bond.

Hope this helps

Tracey

Guest Tanya

thank folks, not as scary a sum as I expected.....but a long way to go from a currently empty bank account! we will get there sometime next year though, not sure how but we will :D (have to be positive in all this rain)

me again we flew over 5 months ago for less than £5000 for all 4 of us.shipped everything over with crown relocations 40ft sole container £7200 including £1200 insurance

Best advice i can give you is bring everything~white goods~washing machines/fridge freezers and vacs are expensive here,we brought everything and are so glad we did~only thing is our flat screen didn't work as was only configured to eu! paid just over $1000 for a new 42" here.

Guest SUPERSTARDJ01
me again we flew over 5 months ago for less than £5000 for all 4 of us.shipped everything over with crown relocations 40ft sole container £7200 including £1200 insurance

Best advice i can give you is bring everything~white goods~washing machines/fridge freezers and vacs are expensive here,we brought everything and are so glad we did~only thing is our flat screen didn't work as was only configured to eu! paid just over $1000 for a new 42" here.

Most flat screens have a card that pulls out of the back and you can replace it for which ever country you are in, can't remember what it's called though.

How comes yours was £7200 for shipping when Kizzy's was £1300?

Hi Tanya

we are ariivimg on 26th july (family of 5)

Flights £3700, shipping £3400, Medicals £1300, Visa £270 (I think) (all the costs for selling including leagal fee £5000) ielts £110, New passports £280.

Expensive but i BET ITS WORTH IT.

Most flat screens have a card that pulls out of the back and you can replace it for which ever country you are in, can't remember what it's called though.

How comes yours was £7200 for shipping when Kizzy's was £1300?

Hi

We only had a shared container rather that one to ourselves (shipped 2 sofas, 3 tvs, tv cabinet, coffee table, washing machine, DVD cabinet, double bed, single bed, boxes with bedding, clothes, kitchen equipment eg pans, microwave, kettle, toaster, CDs etc).

Tracey

Guest SUPERSTARDJ01
Hi

We only had a shared container rather that one to ourselves (shipped 2 sofas, 3 tvs, tv cabinet, coffee table, washing machine, DVD cabinet, double bed, single bed, boxes with bedding, clothes, kitchen equipment eg pans, microwave, kettle, toaster, CDs etc).

Tracey

So single would presumably cost £2600? how do you know the other people will not steal your stuff? how do you pick it up?

So single would presumably cost £2600? how do you know the other people will not steal your stuff? how do you pick it up?

:biglaugh: LOL - John Mason's packed & labelled all our stuff & filled the container in the UK. My stuff will get delivered to our address by the removal company at this end & hopefully cause it's all labelled the correct stuff should be delivered (fingers crossed unless it's better furniture!). I've had a lot less than 1/2 a container so not sure of costs for a full one (think over £3k).