Received this email this morning from SA. Looks like if you have a SS application in progress with them already, if you contact them by 23/07 you can request auto consideration under the new rules when the SMP comes out without having to reapply. This is our 1st bit of decent news for a while!:)
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear xxxxxxxxx Reference Number: xxxxxx
Re: Your current application for State Sponsorship – SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Immigration SA would like to thank you for your application for Sponsorship and the supporting documents which have been received and are awaiting processing. As you are aware South Australia, as are the other States/Territories, is developing our State Migration Plans, integral to which will be the List of Occupations for State Sponsorships.
While we are in the process of finalising the State Migration Plan and the List of Occupations for State Sponsorships, we would like to give you the opportunity to apply for State Sponsorship without submitting a new application.
If you wish your current Sponsorship Application to be automatically considered for State Sponsorship under the new State Migration Plan when this is implemented, you are required to advise Immigration SA by meeting the following guidelines:
Immigration SA will commence taking new applications for State Sponsorship when the State Migration plan is implemented. Information about the plan and the sponsorship eligibility list and any new criteria will be available on the Immigration SA website www.migration.sa.gov.au when they are finalised. There is no date set for the release of the State Migration Plan but it is not likely to occur before August 2010.
- Send an email to email@example.com before 23/07/2010
- Indicate in the Subject line: CSS-SMP-SA
- State your Given and Family Name (as it appeared in the application form)
- Include the Immigration SA 6-digit reference number
- This email must be sent from the email address that was provided to Immigration SA in the applicant’s original online application
- Requests by fax or phone or any other method other than email will not be considered
- Any responses to this email received after the date indicated above, will not be considered
- Note that to obtain an approval, your current application must include a Nominated Occupation that is on the new List AND you meet all the criteria under the State Migration Plan
- Once a decision has been made on your current application, you will be advised via email, you can also track the progress of your application through the Online Client Tracking System
- Only complete applications received will be considered under the State Migration Plan. All applications received “Incomplete” have been destroyed and will not be considered.
- You can check the status of your application through the Online Client Tracking System.
Do not contact Immigration SA but monitor our website at www.migration.sa.gov.au – for the release of the State Migration Plan and the List of Occupations for Sponsorship for the next Program Year. Any amendments to the criteria, process and processing times will also be published when the State Migration Plan is released and all applicants must meet any new requirements.
Manager – General Skilled Migration
Immigration South Australia
DEPARTMENT OF TRADE AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
All the best
Susie and Rich