At last...I've got my visa!

Guest emmylou

Guest emmylou

Hey everyone!

Well, after what seems like a lifetime I finally got the call this morning! I quickly rushed over to the migration lawyer and picked up the paperwork (postal strike, so couldn't wait!) and I am just about to send off the passport.

Just one piece of info (which you all may know) if you are on the SIR visa you no longer have to live in the area that has sponsored you. I have been a given a list of postcodes which seem to include everywhere apart from the major cities and metro areas. I am bit frustrated by this as my heart was always set on Cairns (where I have friends and I know it really well) but having invested time/money/energy in going to Adelaide (and liking it) I am sticking to my plans and can't wait to get there!!! ( I also have some really good friends there now, which is great)

At least I now know I have some choices!

Thanks to everyone who has replied to my posts, it has been really good to hear from everyone. :)

Emma

Guest deb and stoo

Hi Emma

Congratulations on the great news, time to pop a bottle of bubbly, we'll have some waiting here for when you arrive, probably the sparkling shiraz:jiggy:

congratulations Emma,:D:D

must feel so good,

do you remember when in April you applied, I try to work out when i'll get mine after every bit of news:wacko:.

Simon

Guest Martin and Val

Hi Emma,

Great nrews hope all goes well, wish we aere as near as you to going!

Only recently lodged Sponsorship with S.A.

Booked hoilday for Jan/Feb though.

Martin and Val :jiggy:

Guest emmylou

Hi Simon

I applied on April 26th and to be honest it has been really, really slow. They seemed to 'shut down' on SIR visas for a while but apparently they are now up and running again. I was told it would take about 2 months (it actually took 6 months!)

Good luck!

Emma

Guest emmylou

Hi, I'm off to Adelaide on Dec 27th! I'm then going to Cairns for a week to see a friend and back in Adelaide at the end of January ready to start the new academic year.

Really excited!

Emma

x

Guest Libby1971

Hello Emz

I know we talked about this last night but I just wanted to publically say,

YOU BL**DY SUPERSTAR.

:jiggy:

Many congratulations for getting your visa. Sixteen years of commitment, you so deserve this.:notworthy:

Work on your bedroom is in progress, as is the stocking of the wine cupboard. Any requests please let me know.

See you soon

Libby and Co xx

Guest emmylou

Thanks Libby! I am sooooo excitied that I can hardly contain myself:biglaugh: Thanks goodness for Jury service this week! Had some time to run around and sort out bits and pieces!

See you soon....!

Emma

x

Hey everyone!

Well, after what seems like a lifetime I finally got the call this morning! I quickly rushed over to the migration lawyer and picked up the paperwork (postal strike, so couldn't wait!) and I am just about to send off the passport.

Just one piece of info (which you all may know) if you are on the SIR visa you no longer have to live in the area that has sponsored you. I have been a given a list of postcodes which seem to include everywhere apart from the major cities and metro areas. I am bit frustrated by this as my heart was always set on Cairns (where I have friends and I know it really well) but having invested time/money/energy in going to Adelaide (and liking it) I am sticking to my plans and can't wait to get there!!! ( I also have some really good friends there now, which is great)

At least I now know I have some choices!

Thanks to everyone who has replied to my posts, it has been really good to hear from everyone. :)

Emma

Hi Emma

Were you ever made aware of a case officer ? or did you get the call out of the blue?

Congrats by the way and best of Luck

MacLeods

Guest emmylou

Hi

No, I never heard that I had a case officer! Apparently because mine was online and my meds/police checks were requested immediately they did not contact you regarding a CO! Wish that had been explained to me.

Emma

Just one piece of info (which you all may know) if you are on the SIR visa you no longer have to live in the area that has sponsored you. I have been a given a list of postcodes which seem to include everywhere apart from the major cities and metro areas....

Hi Emma.

The best of luck for the big move in December (we're still hoping to be there November)!

Just one thing though, can you elaborate on the quote above? Not heard about this...

Cheers,

Justin.