can anybody help me??????

Guest karen davies

Guest karen davies

hello,

I'm currently having problems in selecting the right visa for me, and as the staff at the department of immigration just keep advising me to use the website (which really doesnt answer all of my questions), i thought I'd post my situation on here to see if anybody had the answers!!!

Here we go :goofy:

Im 23, my parents are permanent residents but i have a step-brother in england. I've been married to an Australian, which legally i still am, but we're separated. I came out here on a one year working holiday visa then met my ex n we got married and got a spouse visa. We separated so i then paid for a cert III in hairdressing course so i could get a student visa. Problem is the course is only for one year. I have a job in a salon and my employer is willing to sponsor me but i dont think she wants to employ me as a hairdresser due to my lack of knowledge and experience. She'd rather me be taken on as a 3rd or 4th year apprentice. But, i might be able to work something out with er on that matter if there isnt a visa i can get whilst doing an apprenticeship. I've heard that there is a Regional Sponsorship Migration Scheme Visa that i may be eligible for???

The thing that baffles me is that my only family (apart from the step brother i've never met) is out here and has been here for 4 years :arghh: so frustrating. Oh, i've also been here for 3 years if that makes a difference and I've worked and paid taxes for virtually all of that time frame.

So, if anybody could help with information and/or suggestions then that'd be much appreciated.

Thanks for taking your time to read it!

Guest WhatNow?

Hi Karen,

You really should be asking a licensed migration agent if you can't find the answers from the immigration website. There are so many changes about at the moment that it is a bit of a minefield. With respect to Hairdressing, even Regional Sponsorship will not be available to you unless Hairdressing is on the Occupations in Demand list, which we are told will probably not be available until August at the earliest. You may find that an agent will be able to suggest another route for you. Try PMing Alan Collett of GoMatilda who posts on here as Alan Collett, or email sherie@migratemates or contact John Adams at www.immigration2oz.com. They are all pleasant, helpful licensed agents who will ask you the relevant questions and give you an honest opinion of your options. You will not need to sign up and pay them anything unless/until you decide to apply for a particular visa.

Guest k8bug79

Just going on what you ahve put there and common sens (I am no migration agent) As you are under 25 could you not apply for a child visa

Subclass 802 if you are onshore.

Child Visa (Onshore) (Subclass 802)

But also if you've been there for 4 years can you not find out about possible citizenship. I am not certain how it works but can you apply for it if you have been on various visa? I presume at the moment you are still on your spouse visa?

Guest k8bug79

Sorry just looked and actually that probably wouldn't be possible unlessyou can prove that you are dependant. How is it you have a step brother? Are your parents still together?

Like I say I am just using my own investigation a migration agent will be able to give you definitive answers