Not sure where to go!!!

Guest mumsy

Guest mumsy

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody knows where the company ERS ltd is in adelaide??? (And are there any nice places to live near or arround there?)

My OH has a job to start with them in jan 2011, but i cant seem to find an address for them on our contract!!

Thanks in advance

Amy

Guest WhatNow?

Hi,

Hindmarsh is just outside the city centre (CBD) so reasonably easy to get to from anywhere (you wouldn't want to live there, I think). If you want an idea of how far it is from any of the suburbs to the city, have a look at the suburbs database on our website - not perfect but a guide at least.

Welcome to the Home2Home Suburbs Database

Guest SA Great

Hi Mumsy,

I work just around the corner from ERS in Hindmarsh, I agree thats its not exactly a desirable place to live but very easy to get to from all directions. Have worked in Hindmarsh/Bowden area for nearly 20 years and lived there once....hated it!!! Live South now and is very nice but also great areas in all directions.

Guest mumsy

thanks for that!! there are a few areas that i quite like the look of like oakland park, flagstaff hill and hallet park, are these places is nicer areas??

Hi Mumsy. My hubby works for the same company (started about 4 weeks ago). We live in Hallett Cove and he only has to visit the office in Hindmarsh once a week so don't worry about living close to it as your hubby will probably be out and about daily anyway.

Hallett Cove is lovely as is Flagstaff Hill (only visited there) but you really don't want to go any further south than here as you will be too far from the city - in my opinion anyway.

Hope this is helpful

Kind regards

Helen x

Guest mumsy

wow, (small world, isn't it) does he like his job???

Those area's that i had picked were because the schools in them areas are supposed to be good. (read it on PIA somewhere)

If you could help in anyway (schools) that would be brilliant.

I have 2 children Sky 5, and Sonny 3.

Cheers Amy

We've only been here since end of May so pretty new ourselves...lol..... Our kids are 12 and 8 and due to start Hallett Cove R12 on Monday. We picked this one as it seemed one of the better schools and it means that both kids can go to the same school. Richard does enjoy his job as he gets to work around the city and is getting to find his bearings which makes it easier for us on a weekend to get to know places. The company is a split company - ERS and Sharps Electrical - My hubby works for Sharps side but it's all owned by the same man. The boss likes the english sparkies (is your hubby an electrician or other) as they are good workers although you start on a lower wage - (if you oh is a sparky what's his background. is he domestic or commercial?)

I'd be happy to help you with any info i can no problem

Take care Helen x

Guest mumsy

He is a gasfitter/plumer/electrition/godknows what else, lol. Glad your OH likes it!!

How are you settling in?? Hope your enjoying your new life!

I cant wait to get out there myself!

Im sure i'll find a suited school for them when we get there! Just trying to get as much sorted this end as i can!

Thanks for the help so far

Amy

Guest SA Great

I live at flagstaff and have done for 17 years. Very nice area, 10 min drive to nearest beach, 20 min to city. Good luck with everything, I am sure you will like it. Hallet Cove also nice as Helen has said and I think she is right about trying not to go too far south....it can limit your employment opportunities.