Application process - advice needed please

Guest artetaneville

Guest artetaneville

Hi everyone,

We are in the middle of our paperwork pile and hopefully getting our visa and moving over to Australia (hopefully Adelaide).

Is there any end to the piles upon piles of paperwork. My partner is a time served Glazier and we are having to gain an AQFIII via ASA (Australian Skills Assessment) before we can even think of getting our visa. We are half way through this process but just feel like its form after form.:wacko:

Has anyone else been through or is going through this process?

Is there much paperwork to the actual visa application?

Thank You :confused:

Hi there,

There is a lot of paperwork and it's really important to take your time to give them just what they want. If it's any consolation it's worth the effort! We first applied for new Zealand and then Oz so two lots of paperwork! If you have any problems with some of the requirements then I am sure that you will get plenty of help from people on this site.

Tamara

I have to agree there is tons of paperwork and it just carries on when you get here. It's like becoming a whole new person. Forms for banks, forms for health, forms for driving, forms for houses, forms for kids, forms for jobs and forms for forms... We have been here 9 months now and it does seem to be slowing down to approximately one a week! But now it is the end of the tax year so we have those forms to fill in as well, going to pay someone to do those. The australians do seem to love their forms. Don't give up though it is worth it. Mel

Guest Daisy Duke

Hi all!

Lol! I couldn't help laughing when I saw this thread. My partner and I are in the middle of a 'form filling fest' at the mo, in addition to selling our house and organising the dog to come with us. I have been offered a job as a mental health nurse and am being guided through the 'sea of paper' by an agent who got me the job.

Think I will end up checking in to a hospital myself at this rate as the amount of paperwork is nothing short of insane.:arghh: They know more about me than I do about myself! Will be worth it in the end though.

Sara

Guest artetaneville

Haha :biglaugh:

Hi Sara yes the sea of forms is very deep!!

We have one more to do to get the AQFIII (australian qualification)...phew. Then its on to the big one.........the visa application!!

Where are you up to? Do you know what area you will be movig to? :)

Guest Daisy Duke

Well, I am going on a visa 457, which means I will be sponsored by my employer and my partner can travel with me as I will be the main applicant. I had an interview in London in May for the job. The nursing agency have sent me all the forms. Basically I complete one lot, they check them, then send the next lot. I,ve filled out my visa application (may be slightly diff to yours as I've been offered a job)?Then I had to complete this huge form for my nursing reg, oh and sit that bloody english lang test!

It just goes on. Hvave you had your medicals yet? When do you think you'll be going? My employer wants me to start Jan/Feb next year. Not sure what area to look for a rental? That Seaford place looks quite nice, but it seems that the more desired suburbs are south or coastal? What about you? This is a fab site to get all the info. Also, are you taking your car and furniture? Not really sure what to do about that yet? We would rather be nearer the coast than the city.

Sara

Cheers for the messages back :)

Haha forms, forms and more forms ;) Cheers Mel. Whats it like where you are living?

We are living in Aberfoyle Park, it is great. We are near shops, schools, kindy and a lovely park. It is about 10 mins drive to the beach & about 40 to the city where I work, in rush hour. We would have liked to be nearer the beach & city but house prices are higher. We bought a 4 bedroom here for $350K.

Guest Nicky&Andy

i was so well known in our post office , that when i arrived with papers to photo copy, a stool and a coffee soon followed, it got a bit embarassing when i just wanted a stamp !!! there is loads but you do get to the end of it,

Guest artetaneville

Hi Mel just had a look ay the area u live and it looks very nice :) did u get much garden with your house? Just been looking at your dates. Did u put your skilled visa in then add state sponsorship?

Speak soon :)

Hey Nick & Andy haha funny. When do you leave for Australia? Do you know what area you are goin to?

Speak soon :)

• 2 weeks later...