what do you all think?

Guest dotty

Hi,

I really need some sound advice on this one, or just some opinions would be great as I'm going it alone.

Using a recommended migration agent, I have applied for a 495 visa, meds/police checks done in Dec. 06.

Then we are told that the agent made an error, and had applied for a 136 by mistake - "no worries " as the saying goes, it will just be changed when we pass everything.

Only it wasn't and DIMA "invited" me to apply for the 495 visa. This was in July.

I am still waiting, have not had a case officer allocated and according to aspc the waiting time is months.

Which means my police checks and medical will be over 12 months old........:wacko:

Can do without all the extra stress here!!

anyways........who of you out there reckon I should ask for my £1,400 agency fee back?

because I sure as hell could have filed the wrong application myself and saved a hell've a lot of cash!!

I have had an addmission of the mistake and assurance that everything will be fine, but I don't really trust them any more:skeptical: Cheers! Dotty

At the very least I would expect them to pay for you second medicals, police checks, expenses in re doing them and any other amount that you incur because of their error.

If you get no joy there there must be a governing body that they are answerable to.

Pete

Guest nikkiandlee
At the very least I would expect them to pay for you second medicals, police checks, expenses in re doing them and any other amount that you incur because of their error.

If you get no joy there there must be a governing body that they are answerable to.

Pete

I agree with Pete, The have made a huge mistake, that will cause you extra stress, elongate the time factor and ultimatly could be costly to you, the least they could do is pay for the extra costs you may encur due to their mistake!!!

Nikki

If you have no joy try this lot or threaten your agent with them.

www.themara.com.au

Hi Dotty,

MARA is the body that agents have to join if based in Australia, in the UK they will be members if they can be and is the best place to start but just in case yours are not a member, in the UK migration agents are regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner

(Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner > Adviser Finder

Simon

Guest dglamoore

Definitely go for some sort of refund - their mistake has cost you months of extra waiting and will now cost you financially for new medicals and police records! :(

How an agent can make such a major mistake is beyond me - they certainly get paid enough to make sure they are filling in the right form :huh:

Good luck with it all and hope you hear about your visa sooner rather than later

Lisa:)

i so agree with all the others!

firstly they sure have to pay for any extra expenses (new pcc, new medicals, etc.)

AND should pay something on top for extra stress and waiting time!!!!!!

don't get rid of them just yet - they really need to make it up to you :jiggy:

good luck and i hope it's not too stressfull for you :wubclub:

they sure have to pay for any extra expenses (new pcc, new medicals, etc.)

And don't forget travelling expenses. Rack up the bill. You've paid them enough (more than enough in my opinion) so claim back as much as you can.

Pete

Hi Dotty,

That's a shame that this has happened to you, it's a frustrating and anxious wait as it is without them making an error.

You should be entitled to be recompensed any costs because they are registered migration agents. You can contact the relevant body as has already been mentioned, because the agents are regulated by these authorities and can have there licence revolked if they are in a habit of making such mistakes.

This is there problem which has a significant impact on your timescale and pocket!

I wish you well and hope that you get everything sorted to your advantage.

Thank you all for the support,

The agent has paid the lodgement fees for the 2nd application, but it's not just about the money.

It's the stress of waiting and still not knowing. we were planning on being out there in september, now my son's staying to complete A levels, so I'm having to go alone or not at all.

I knew it would never be easy starting a new life on the other side of the world, but having to go alone is very difficult.

Feel like Cilla from Coronation Street :unsure: !!!!

kind of wondering if it wasn't meant to be at the moment. I will write and ask for refund and then threaten MARA.

Thanks again!

Dotty