Reccie advice please

Guest andy&jill

Guest andy&jill

Hello,

Were planning on a reccie trip in April 08 for 2 weeks, we were not originally planning to do one, but it could be a good idea, has anyone got any tips for a successfull reccie, we have a plan of all the suburbs we intend to visit and intend using the services of www.h2h.com.au (after a recent visit to the emigrate2 show in coventry worth a visit by the way if there is one planned in your area) has anyone used home2home before.

Any info appreciated

Andy :SLEEP:

Hello,

Were planning on a reccie trip in April 08 for 2 weeks, we were not originally planning to do one, but it could be a good idea, has anyone got any tips for a successfull reccie, we have a plan of all the suburbs we intend to visit and intend using the services of www.h2h.com.au (after a recent visit to the emigrate2 show in coventry worth a visit by the way if there is one planned in your area) has anyone used home2home before.

Any info appreciated

Andy :SLEEP:

We found during our reccie it was great to drive around and look at areas to get a feel of what areas were like and to get to know where we need to go eventually for things like furniture, cars shopping etc. Spent a bit of time in the city getting used ti life there and chating with all the friendly ozzies!

Just go with an open mind as i am sure like us you will find its nothing like you expect if you judge it from what posts are sent yet hopefully like us be more determined to get there and live! Just a shame the first thing we saw when coming out of the airport was an Ikea!!! Was hoping travelling all that way i would get away from all that. Just hope by the time we get there they dont build a Next! ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Finally just be realistic as its not a paradise but it can be if your prepared to make it that way!

I for one cant wait to get there but realise its going to take alot of blood sweat and tears before we do!

Guest andy&jill

Thanks for that ian good advice, i wanted to hire a VW camper van, been told we are hiring a house, bit of a hippy at heart i guess, i must grow up one day.

Thanks

Andy

Hi there,

We done our reccie in April 07, we visited display villages, open homes, checked out banks and opened an account when we were there. Looked at cars, fuel, insurance etc. We were recommended to speak to a financial advisor namely Darryl Rebbeck, he was brilliant and definately knows his stuff, definately worth speaking to, his company is www.bernielewis.com.

We also checked out jobs and recruitment agencies to find out about wages and ease of employment. Also schools as we have a 9 & 5 year old.

You will know once you get there, as you will have a mind set of the things that are important to you and what would finalise your decision, so work from there and the rest will follow.

Best of luck.

Guest dglamoore

We did not do a reccie but would definitely say spend the time driving around. That was you can narrow down the areas you like for when you do arrive so saves time when you start looking for a house :cute:

Lisa:jiggy:

Guest xcaretuk

Hi Andy and Jill,

We met the h2h team when we arrived in Adelaide and they were brilliant. Please take a look at our story on the h2h website it maybe of interest.

Good Luck,

Barb and Bryan