Info on contributory aged parents visa

Guest betty g

Guest betty g

My husband and I are going through the process of contributory aged parent visa. we have paid first instalment and they are now looking for 2nd instalment of £36,360 didn't realise they would need it so soon as we were hoping to sell house and then use proceed from house sale to pay remainder. we are trying to get an extension time on visa application at the moment. because of our ages getting re-mortgage to get these funds would not be an option.

If we cannot manage this and the visa is withdrawn and we have to go over to Adelaide to ask for a bridging loan would this affect my other daughter going over as last remaining relative?

Or is there any other way for her doing this?

Thanks

Betty

My husband and I are going through the process of contributory aged parent visa. we have paid first instalment and they are now looking for 2nd instalment of £36,360 didn't realise they would need it so soon as we were hoping to sell house and then use proceed from house sale to pay remainder. we are trying to get an extension time on visa application at the moment. because of our ages getting re-mortgage to get these funds would not be an option.

If we cannot manage this and the visa is withdrawn and we have to go over to Adelaide to ask for a bridging loan would this affect my other daughter going over as last remaining relative?

Thanks

Betty

Hi Betty,

How long ago did you apply for your visa and where are you at in the process.

we asked our case officer and he agreed that we could have an extension for the 2nd instalment but only for a couple of months.

The best thing to do is email your CO and ask how long an extension you can get on your 2nd installment.

Regards

Les

Guest betty g

Hi Les

we started whole process year past in March. medical checks and police checks and done and sent. they are looking for 2nd instalment so they can process visa through.

we have been in touch with our migration officer to see if can get an extension. we already had to get an extension on medical checks due to there now only being 2 places in Scotland where you can go to get checks done and they were very busy so took little while before could get an appointment. migration officer also gave wrong forms to us for police checks and also wrong forms for assurance of support to our daughter in Adelaide so this also caused some delay.

thanks again

Betty

Hi Les

we started whole process year past in March. medical checks and police checks and done and sent. they are looking for 2nd instalment so they can process visa through.

we have been in touch with our migration officer to see if can get an extension. we already had to get an extension on medical checks due to there now only being 2 places in Scotland where you can go to get checks done and they were very busy so took little while before could get an appointment. migration officer also gave wrong forms to us for police checks and also wrong forms for assurance of support to our daughter in Adelaide so this also caused some delay.

thanks again

Betty

Hi Betty,

Are you using an agent.

We didn't use an agent and I was able to contact our case officer by email, he was very understanding when we asked for an extension for our Aos, and we were able to ask him about getting an extension for the 2nd vac payment and he gave us 2 months.

If you are using an agent you should get them to ask the questions.

Must admit that I am not sure that they would give you a longer extension because they have to use the visa quota up for that year.

While I have been applying for our visa's I have been using a furum on British expats and its all about people applying for the Cp visa ,I have been able to ask any questions on there and almost always someone has come up with the answer.

Follow this link, Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4 - Page 52 : British Expat Discussion Forum

best wishes

Les

Thanks

Betty

Drop gollywobbler a PM she has vast knowledge of VISAs and what you can and cant do....

HG

Drop gollywobbler a PM she has vast knowledge of VISAs and what you can and cant do....

HG

I was going to suggest the same - she is brilliant and must be just about the world's expert on this subject now. All of her posts I have read have been so informative and helpful. Definitely worth trying her I'd say. Here are her user details: http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/member.php?u=1341

She also posts a lot on the sister site to this one, Poms in Oz - PomsInOz Australia Migration & Expat Forum - so worth a look through there too in case your question may have been asked and asnwered before by someone.

Best of luck

Diane

Guest betty g

Thanks again everyone and will definately check out all the advice given. Yes we are using an agent so waiting on him getting back to us with a reply about any extension.

Betty

I was going to suggest the same - she is brilliant and must be just about the world's expert on this subject now. All of her posts I have read have been so informative and helpful. Definitely worth trying her I'd say. Here are her user details: http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/member.php?u=1341

She also posts a lot on the sister site to this one, Poms in Oz - PomsInOz Australia Migration & Expat Forum - so worth a look through there too in case your question may have been asked and asnwered before by someone.

Best of luck

Diane

Well thank me then !!!!!!:mad::biglaugh:

HG