getting 887 PR Visa

Guest AKH5

Hello all,

need some help / advice and v grateful for any given.

Been here since 2008 on 495 Skilled Independent Regional Visa. About to go for 887 PR visa having completed 2 years living here and 2 years working full time (even though only 1 required so all should be well there).

When I originally applied for this visa I was told by migration agent that once I got PR 2 years down the line I would then be obligated to stay here in SA for a further 2 years! So 4 years in total. Is this true ? Does anyone know? I have called DIAC twice now and they tell me that this is not the case and I could move interstate if I wanted to once PR has been granted - unless I signed a declaration to say I should stay. But I have checked all paperwork I signed and can only find references to 2 years obligation to stay in SA to get PR - NOT 4. Have PR visa options changed in the last 2 years ? Why would she have told me that ? I know I got that info from agent 2 years ago, but this contradicting info is confusing and I would love to know for sure whether we are allowed to move interstate if we want to. Not that we want to particularly but you never know what's around the corner do you?

thanks all, most appreciative of any info anyone can supply :goofy:

I think now you're here I'd go by what DIAC tell you, rather than what an agent told you a while ago. They seem to be constantly changing things so DIAC would be more up to date, I'd have thought. See if you can get someone from the Immigration department here in Adelaide to send you an email so you've got something in writing. There are a couple of excellent immigration agents that post on here occasionally - Alan Collett is one - so might be worth a PM to one of them....

Guest Sannie!
Hello all,

need some help / advice and v grateful for any given.

Been here since 2008 on 495 Skilled Independent Regional Visa. About to go for 887 PR visa having completed 2 years living here and 2 years working full time (even though only 1 required so all should be well there).

:goofy:

I think you have misunderstood! one needs to have fulfiled both the conditions to apply for a PR and not just one.