These are 10 valid points:
1. In terms of work in Adelaide- its just full of crapy small businesses. If you are relatively young and want to have a faced paced, interesting job where you can go places - forget it. Business moves the slowest ever and south australians are pretty thick and wierd when it comes to work. Most of them have worked for the same company for 25 years in the same SH!t job and that seems to be the norm.
2. Its a place full of old biddies. Yes- not many people in there 20's or 30's over here. Thats becasue any australian with a brain wanting to actually make something of their life would move away once they adult.
3. Nobody drinks. Australians always make out they a big drinkers/ socialisers etc but nope, not south australians. None of them ever go out and if they do its for one glass of wine or a coffee. Therefore the atmosphere/nightlife in the city is pretty much non existant.
4. The most interesting part of the week for south australians is on a friday when they do the "footy tips" wow that must be really good fun.
5. Majority of the english people who live here (with the exception of a few friends I know) are nearly as boring as south australians and quite dawky people. None of the english really help change things in adelaide as they are just as dull and boring as the south australians.
6. Its like living in the 1950's here.
If your going to reply to this, please dont state " if you dont like move back home". There are great places to live which ar=e not backwards like Sydney but Im on one of those regional visas where I have to be in Adelaide so no alternative. My advice to any skilled migrant looking to move over here is if you dont have a regional visa where you have to move here , move somewhere else. Unles of course you want what is mentioned above.