A "Skill" that should be taken off the SOL List ASAP

Guest downunder123

Guest downunder123

Im sure many of you have had lots of frustrations with sorting skilled visas to enable you to migrate to Australia. What gets me is- how can "panel beating" be on the list?....I mean, I know quite a few of the skills on there are justified skills but..panel beating? How hard can it be to beat a dent out of a car with a hammer? I reckon I could learn how to do this in about 3 hours and seems unfair that you can get permanant residency to panel beat.

Guest cornish Busdriver

You might cop some flack for this are or are just trying to stir things up again.

Panel beating is an extremely hard trade to learn and takes years in an apprenticeship.

Learning the densities and complexities of different metals and how they work let alone dealing with all the safety aspects of the job and how there work affects the safety and integrity of the vehicle.

When I left school I started work learning to be a panel beater before I became a welder and mate if you think you could learn that in 3 hours you seriously need to lay off what ever your on. Believe me its not just knocking out a dent and slapping in some filler.

Guest downunder123

Bus driver - if you actually had to go into that much detail about the "densities and complexities of different metals and how they work", I hardly think they would let people with no GSCE's at 16 years old onto the course, you would probably have to do a A-levels and a degree first to learn all about the complexities of this first.

My mate got made redundant and went on a 6 week crash course on panel beating and picked it up well during this time and then landed a job panel beating (not an apprentiship, as he just blagged all his work experience. He said it was easy.

Guest cornish Busdriver
Bus driver - if you actually had to go into that much detail about the "densities and complexities of different metals and how they work", I hardly think they would let people with no GSCE's at 16 years old onto the course, you would probably have to do a A-levels and a degree first to learn all about the complexities of this first.

My mate got made redundant and went on a 6 week crash course on panel beating and picked it up well during this time and then landed a job panel beating (not an apprentiship, as he just blagged all his work experience. He said it was easy.

Used to be the same with welding, do a full apprenticeship but the government has brought in there so called quick fix with a six week training scheme which is worse than what the bloody cheap labour YTS was.

I left school with 3 qualifications; Maths. English and Metalwork and so far I’ve never ever been unemployed in my life.

However it takes years to get recognised panel beater qualifications and these 6-week courses just don’t cut it. They may get a persons foot in the door as a trainee but that’s about it.

Guest downunder123

Tyke,

How are you qualified to say that "a panel beater makes it look easy" - have you ever tried panel beating? Or do you think possibly it looks easy becasue it is easy?

Guest 20legend

Panel beating isn’t hard, I knew this lad who used to live round the corner from me who was a panel beater and he was well dumb, if he could do it anyone can do it.

You can probably download instructions from the internet on how to do it

Guest cornish Busdriver

Downunder 123 and 20legend.

Do you realise how stupid you sound and i meen that you are taking stupidity to a whole new level now and that theres panel beaters on here that probaly are laughing there asses off at you.

If ya gonna try and stir things up at least do some research and know what the hell you are going on about.

On the plus side it is very entertaining with what you come out with, gives us all a laugh

Guest Nick11
Downunder 123 and 20legend.

Do you realise how stupid you sound and i meen that you are taking stupidity to a whole new level now and that theres panel beaters on here that probaly are laughing there asses off at you.

If ya gonna try and stir things up at least do some research and know what the hell you are going on about.

On the plus side it is very entertaining with what you come out with, gives us all a laugh

Cornish mate..don't argue with them. Just agree. Far easier!!!:notworthy:

downunder 123 i have never read such a load of uneducated garbage in my life.

My husband trained on site and at college in glasgow for 4 yrs to qualify as a Panelbeater and the level of skill that is required to be a" Proper Panelbeater "is exceedingly high.

Anyone who believes that they can do a quick fix course for a few weeks or months and be a Panelbeater is totally deluded.

I am a litigation lawyer and have witnessed the repercussions in several personal injury actions where cowboys who considered themselves Panelbeaters have caused serious injury through negligent workmanship.

A well trained Panelbeater is a real asset to any company,the cowboys a hindrance.

Please think about what you say ,ignorance often causes offence.

Sue

Guest nurse sue

why shouldnt they be on the skills in demand list? if there is a need for it ... then it will be on the list.

what makes you think you are so much higher on the visa pecking order to make such comments??

what skill do you have that makes you so much more superior to a panel beater?

jumped up t#t :o

Guest Guest75
If downunder has banned under his username what does it mean? He cant post or what coz obviously he can? Im co fused.com

The username is banned.

Normally people get the message from that.

He came back on with a slightly different name and then again with another number added.

A lot of their posts were chopped so it might not seem to make sense.

The posters IP is now banned.:policeman: