RSMS 119/857 experience?

Sears Family

Hi

Although things in general have gone very quickly for us - i.e. finding a job and obtaining sponsorship it seems to have ground to a halt and I wondered if anyone could give me some assurances!? :err:

My nomination and position have been approved, I sent my application on the 12th July and immi took their pennies soon enough (23rd July)!! But I have had no formal confirmation from them or a receipt. Am I worrying for no reason?

What are other people's experience of processing times for an RSMS?

Any thoughts welcome - even just to calm me down a little :arghh:

I feel I'm going crazy checking e-mails every morning and fed up of people asking 'so when you going then'! I DONT KNOW :unsure:

Guest lastboyscout

Hi the Sears Family, we came over on the same visa and it took 18 months from start to finish:err:

Some other people we know who came on the same took 9 months :goofy:

Just hang in there, all good things come to those who wait ;)

Guest caoimhe

We applied in Feb and had a case officer within 24 hours. We received the visa in April and that was after it being held up due to my O/H having non migrating children back in Ireland and we had to get info from the courts there. I thought the RSMS visas were one of the priority visas but they change the rules so often its hard to keep up.

Hi the Sears Family, we came over on the same visa and it took 18 months from start to finish

Some other people we know who came on the same took 9 months

Just hang in there, all good things come to those who wait

Thank you for your experiences. I really hope it doesnt take that long! :err:

They were quite quick to approve my employer and the position...and take my money! :cute: Does the final leg go into a black hole!??

I read recently that as of July an employer sponsored was a greater priority so fingers crossed!

Patience is a virtue...but I hate not knowing!

Thanks again:wubclub:

Von

Sorry to jump in on your post!!!

We are going for the RSMS visa too! We have just posted our police certificates to our agent hopefully we will be lodging soon.

Our agent is trying to get my OH gas certificate while we are still in uk, as anyone done/heard of this before????

Good luck with your RSMS! Hope it all goes through smoothly. If you could keep in touch to let us know how you are getting on as there isnt many posts on the RSMS visa. (unless im looking in the wrong place)

Thanks Amy and family

Good luck - our police checks came back quickly so good luck with it all!

I have found very little information / topics on RSMS too - hence updating this post, may be of use to someone! ;)

Found out that although eta is 5 months they try and turn them around quickly, heard it could even be 3 months (although prev post quoted 18! arrggh) depending on how straightforward your application is! Fingers crossed we'll arive before Christmas.

Getting there with it all but now have loads of additional forms to complete! What fun :0/

Plus I'm doing it myself so back and forth with immi to check, but other than that seems to be going ok...touch wood!

Good luck with your app :)