ANMC Assessment

Lil Bev

I wonder if anyone can help me. Last week i went to the magistrates court to get my documents certified for my ANMC assessment, the justice of the peace did it for me and they signed everything but refused to sign my passport pic as they dont know me. However they certified all of my ID documents inc. passport pics with me present?!? Does it have to be one of the people is states ie:

• Legal Practitioner
  • Notary Public
  • Justice of the Peace
  • Peace Commissioner
  • Commissioner of Declarations
  • Commissioner of Oaths
  • Judge
  • Magistrate
  • Person legally designated to sign documents from an embassy or consulate

Obviously they dont know me, and refused to sign my pic. What do i do??

Also i'm a little confused with the on-line assessment, how does it work exactly? I'm halfway through the assessment but until i get my passport pic certified i'm stuck. Once the application is complete do you have to print it off then get that certified too by the person who certified the documents??? HELP!!

Guest tinkham_lee

It may be that the person certifying the passport picture will have had to known you personally for at least 2 years.

I believe the list is the same as that of who can certify your picture for your first passport.

these people can certify: your doctor, dentist, a police officer, solicitor, accountant, officer of the armed services, teacher, MP, the list is goes on and on.

I can PM you a complete list if you want it

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest fluxsta

Hiya, think I may have asked this question before? I am unclear about ANMC/AHPRA? I have only sent off docs to AHPRA? I don't understand why the ANMC need to do skill assessment, I thought it was just AHPRA who dealt with it all now?

Hello,

it is the ANMC who issues the skills assessment, AHPRA will issue the certificate of registration only. If you want a skills assessment the process can be done online, but this is through the ANMC website, not AHPRA. Hope this helps, I got my Skills assessment in October, hope this helps.

Sharon

Guest fluxsta

Sharon69

Thanks for your comments. I feel that I have received the answers I was looking for. It appears that the ANMC only do a skills assessment IF you wish to become permanent resident under a 176/175 skilled visa for PR. We (probably like yourself) will be aiming for a 457 business visa with a hope of chaning it to PR once we get there. Big risk with 3 kids under the age of 5, but someone's gotta take em eh? ;-) So, just dealing with the AHPRA is the kind of a relief. It just seems strange seeing as we in the UK just have the trusty NMC to deal with!!!

I presume you are going under a 457 then? I have to trust what the employment agency are stating to me, as they have done this a 1000+ times before, I just got a little panicked, and due to current restrictions on 175/176 skilled visa that is coming into effect 1st July 2011 we are going to follow the route that we were originally of the 457.

Hi Fluxsta,

I'm applying for a 176, really want the benefits and security of getting pr before we go out there. If you are able to get a visa application together before 1st July you will be ok. I don't have kids but from you read on these forums wouldn't you be in a better position to try to get pr before you go what with kids education costs?

Sharon

Very true Sharon, this is why we are going for a 176 visa. It might cost more than a 457 but as you say you get the benefits and security of a PR visa. Plus i really dont want to go by 457 and end up being tied to an employer on a 2 year contract if i don't like the place i work. We dont have kids either but feel a PR visa is better suited to us, and the advice from sites like these prove it can be done independently and not through money grabbing migration agents!!

Guest fluxsta

Hi thanks for reply,

We will be unable to get the money together before the 1st July. I understand the risks of 457 but it seems that in time if we brave the storm then PR will become a reality. As far as schooling costs go then it seems that this is still available under a 457, and as a nurse i live in hope that private medical insurance may come as part of employment package. Money is very tight and we prepared ot bite the bullet as far as work goes. believe me, i have had to put up with a lot from employers in UK, and if it means that i have to accept certain circumstances then we will do it.

thanks again for your reply

regards