457 sponsored visa holder

Prema

After a very traumatic week, we had our appointment with immigration yesterday. They were so helpful, really made us feel at ease.

If you are still under a 457 sponsored visa and either you or your employer terminate your contract, the sponsor has an obligation to fund the flights back to your home country. All you need to do is send your employer a letter in writing stating that you wish to go back home. Your sponsor must abide.

It was so good to talk to immigration yesterday, the lady sat and spoke to us for hours and had lots of information for us to take with us. She is also keen to see what happens with hubbies employers over the duration. Really last night I slept like a baby and there was no need for medication. She even took time to talk to me as I am not the primary visa holder. I would love to work with children and always wanted to become a foster carer, but was told by the hubbies immigration agent that I was not allowed to do so. Anyways I can and I'm now looking into it, this may just work out for us.... Lets see what the future holds for us.

Either way, if we stay we will try to make this work, and if we end up going back home, we will have our family waiting for us.

At least we can say we tried and will never live life with the huge WHAT IF???

But I must say, thank you to all of you, Your support and on tap help is just amazing, I love this site.

Prema x

Guest shella_n

Hi

Wow! Your post is so much like what is happening to us.

We arrived in mid June and hubbys job (457) is an absolute nightmare. Immigration have been in there this week interviewing everyone. As im typing this he is at work (where he has been since 6am all overtime with no pay).

It is now only a matter of time before he cant stand it anymore and quits or is fired (his boss constantly fires everyone). He has another job to go to but they are no eligable to sponsor and they have been told it will take 8-12 weeks for that to be sorted - he wont last that long.

Ive spent ages trying to decide what to do. Go home? Stick it out where we are? Go to Queensland?

Problem is we have just signed into a 12 month lease.

Sppokily I have also always wanted to be a foster carer and didnt realise I could do it here and was thinking to myself that if we go home at least I can do that.

I cant face going home with my tail between my legs yet. Ive spent 10 years talking about coming to Aus and will feel like a fool if I go home now.

Hubby has just passed TRA so we are now eligable for a PR visa but they take soo long to process - we might haev to go home and come back but not sure if I can put the children and my family through all that again.

Anyway, gone on quite enough I think.....if you want someone to chat it all over with drop me a line.

Best Wishes

Michelle

Hi

Wow! Your post is so much like what is happening to us.

We arrived in mid June and hubbys job (457) is an absolute nightmare. Immigration have been in there this week interviewing everyone. As im typing this he is at work (where he has been since 6am all overtime with no pay).

It is now only a matter of time before he cant stand it anymore and quits or is fired (his boss constantly fires everyone). He has another job to go to but they are no eligable to sponsor and they have been told it will take 8-12 weeks for that to be sorted - he wont last that long.

Ive spent ages trying to decide what to do. Go home? Stick it out where we are? Go to Queensland?

Problem is we have just signed into a 12 month lease.

Sppokily I have also always wanted to be a foster carer and didnt realise I could do it here and was thinking to myself that if we go home at least I can do that.

I cant face going home with my tail between my legs yet. Ive spent 10 years talking about coming to Aus and will feel like a fool if I go home now.

Hubby has just passed TRA so we are now eligable for a PR visa but they take soo long to process - we might haev to go home and come back but not sure if I can put the children and my family through all that again.

Anyway, gone on quite enough I think.....if you want someone to chat it all over with drop me a line.

Best Wishes

Michelle

Hi Michelle, just pm'ed you. Prema x

Hi Prema,

Sorry to hear that all is not rosy for you out there.

I hope you dont mind, but I have one question about your post. You said your hubby 'has just passed TRA'. What is TRA? I have heard it mentioned in threads on here, but I cannot find out what it stands for.

Thanks

Paul

(We are in very early stages of applying for PR)

You're an inspiration Prema, after everything you've been through, to have such a positive attitude - I have everything crossed that all works out well, one way or another, for you and your family. You deserve the best.

Diane

arrhh thanks hun... We believe in what is meant to be will be. Will have to just take each day as it comes. But thank you for you support, you have no idea how much it means to me. Today the weather was great we went out the park, it was filled with kids laughing and having a great time. Didn't have to think twice about my safety. So many people, young and old wished us a good day when we were out walking, could I ask for more???

Prems x