Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By salvadordillon

Thread: Just some recommendations really - removals/quarentine/excess baggage

8 times

Just some recommendations really - removals/quarentine/excess baggage

Hello - my husband and i have been in Adelaide 5 weeks now and i just wanted to give people some recommendations for reference before coming - hope it helps

1) we took our 2 cats with us and used Airpets from Heathrow to Sydney then Dogtainers from Sydney to Adelaide. Both these companies were very professional and we were very happy with them

2) while our cats were in quarantine we paid for 'Dogwalks' to go and give our cats a bit of attention while they were in for 30 days. Karen - who owns the company is a diamond. And all those people that went into see them (mostly every other day) were just fantastic. A big hands up for them for all the grooming and treats!

3) we used PSS for our removal company and although the guys that did all the hard work were just fantastic we did get hit by this company for extra cubic feet even though it was quoted beforehand and we even left some of our items behind.

4) we used Excess-Baggage to take two cases and two guitars over before we arrived - this was so expensive and to be honest it would have cost cheaper to take them with you when you go and pay the extra on excess at the airport. You would probably be ok with say Virgin Atlantic but its the internal flights say with Virgin Blue that would cost you the extra. One guitar case was damaged in transit and they wont pay out insurance either even though we paid extra for the insurance. Honestly, our cases were in a bit of mess when they arrived - about 9 stickers on each one for starters!, dirty and battered

Thats for all now really - but if i think of anything else i will post it.
      Last edited by Guest75; 21-08-2010 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Keeping the peace.
      Sears Family likes this.