How much was it to send your pet, all in all?

Guest ste and cheryl

Guest ste and cheryl

Hello,

I would just like to ask how much you paid all in all to send your pets to Australia. We have a 3 year old Staffordshire Bull Terrior.

We've been quoted from £1200 for just flights to £4500 for pick up, tests etc :shocked:

Could you recommend any of the companies out there?

Thanks

Guest Nicky&Andy

hi guys , our dog is a english pointer x great dane so a little bigger than your dog

we luckily have a local kennels that ship pets regular, i have been given a price of £2850 extra was $240 to aqis for permit

for that i drop him off on the 6th of sept, then they do everything else, blood tests, flea treatment etc and then he goes to sydney for quaranteen, (its easier to get to sydney as melborne is always very busy so you have to sometimes book ahead) then they fly him back to us in adelaide approx 28 days later

they are local to us nr bristol (over hill kennels web site www.overhill.co.uk )

check around your area, these are local to me,i knew them as a kennel but i only found out they did pet exports as my neighbour used them when he lived in malta.

good luck

Hi we sent our dog with PetAir they were very good. It cost us 3,200 pounds that was everything they come to your house and do blood test etc, they also do all paper work and book your quarantine space. But then you have to pay quarantine before you get your dog and that cost us $1,382 that was july this year. hope this help

We used Golden Arrow shippers, prob not the cheapest to use but they were excellent and I would highly recommend them. They build the travel cages to your dogs size and then have the dog for a couple of days before shipping so they can used to their surroundings. I could not fault them in any way.

Guest ste and cheryl

Thank you everyone. I have just received two quotes, these quotes include flights, box and uk aiport vet fee's ...

TFA Logistics - £1569

Airpaws.com - £1490

Both companies said to give another £1000 for the import permit and quarentine.

And that they can get it done within 4-6 weeks. As hubby and I are due to leave in just under 3 weeks as he has accepted a job just over a week ago :)

x

Guest angiestaff
Hello,

I would just like to ask how much you paid all in all to send your pets to Australia. We have a 3 year old Staffordshire Bull Terrior.

We've been quoted from £1200 for just flights to £4500 for pick up, tests etc :shocked:

Could you recommend any of the companies out there?

Thanks

Hi

we used a company called parair to fly our 2 staffies over last year, they were absolutely fantastic and answered every stupid question that i had! lol

all together (flights n crates, vets blood tests, picking up from home and taking to heathrow,plus then quarantine costs and flights from sydney to adelaide i think (and it's a rough guess!....i stopped counting after a bit ;)) we paid just over $9000

they coped fine with the flights and the quarantine (which was my main concern as neither had ever been in kennels b4)

p.m me if you need any more info (i'm sure i have par air's contact details at home)

ange x