SIR 495 to 887 visa

Guest never lucky

Guest never lucky

Help please ??

Our 2 years is nearly up and we are ready to apply for perm residency

Can we start the application early ?

or do we have to wait until after the date we entered ?

we tried to start an online application and we got an error message !

Help please ??

Our 2 years is nearly up and we are ready to apply for perm residency

Can we start the application early ?

or do we have to wait until after the date we entered ?

we tried to start an online application and we got an error message !

Sorry there are no shortcuts. I did this a little while ago and you cannot apply before the 2 year anniversary. Get everything together (and there is a lot to gather) then have it all ready for the big date. Good luck. :D

Guest never lucky
Sorry there are no shortcuts. I did this a little while ago and you cannot apply before the 2 year anniversary. Get everything together (and there is a lot to gather) then have it all ready for the big date. Good luck. :D

Hi thanks for replying....

so the error message is beacuse we tried to apply too early then ??

it said something like

"you do not have have the pre requist visa"

we called them and then said our visa is okay ...

so worrying...

Hi thanks for replying....

so the error message is beacuse we tried to apply too early then ??

it said something like

"you do not have have the pre requist visa"

we called them and then said our visa is okay ...

so worrying...

Yes it's an automated error message because 2 years hasn't passed yet. I'm always looking for shortcuts with this sort of stuff but sorry to say you can't apply till the 2 years are up. :sad::)

Hi,

we had a 457 visa, business sponsored, and changed to a 857 regional sponsored visa after just 5 months;

the process was fairly simple, and we used an agent...............just had to get the daughter a chest xray, and the son an hiv test cos their ages changed in that time.

The whole process took about 5 months, gaining police checks etc for the oh, but the DIAC took less than 30 mins to make a decision once it was submitted..............

Good luck with your application.

Jane

Guest never lucky
Yes it's an automated error message because 2 years hasn't passed yet. I'm always looking for shortcuts with this sort of stuff but sorry to say you can't apply till the 2 years are up. :sad::)

Thanks for that, I called IMMI last week and they asked me to send a screen dump of it and IMMI canbera got back with a very concerning "standard" type message. But dont they just say that the 2 years has to tick over before you do anything ???

As you as so helpful Pommy could you please help us with the police check, what is best to do and where to go etc and how long does it take ? can you do that on line at all ???

thanks much appreciated

:wubclub::)