Ok 2nd Ilelts booked so fingers crossed!

Guest nicandchris

Guest nicandchris

Well just want to say that ive booked my second Ielts exam today for october and this time id better bloody pass! I dont know what ill do if i fail again by either one point or .5!

I know its all worth it but its so disheartening having to pay out and register and go through the whole stressful procedure once again when i know that my level of English is fine and better than most!

:wacko:

Guest r_1159
Well just want to say that ive booked my second Ielts exam today for october and this time id better bloody pass! I dont know what ill do if i fail again by either one point or .5!

I know its all worth it but its so disheartening having to pay out and register and go through the whole stressful procedure once again when i know that my level of English is fine and better than most!

I have booked mine in OCT for the 2nd time as well,

hope we both achieve 7 in all band and reach to end of nightmare

go onto this my wifes friend tells her that they have scrapped this exam . -http -maprecruitment.com/latest news

Guest nicandchris

I know this is what ive been hearing. I contacted my agent some weeks ago re this and was told to go ahead as they hadnt heard anything about it. Im not happy at all as ive only paid this week for the second yest which i can not afford! Ive contacted the agency asking them about it so ill have to wait until monday to hear what they think.

Guest nicandchris

yes i saw that too but it seemed to me abit confusing as i hadnt heard anything from the agency. Ive also heard tho that if youve taken the ielts already and failed and in the system of the nursing board as doing so then they require you to take the test until you do pass.

Guest thekings
yes i saw that too but it seemed to me abit confusing as i hadnt heard anything from the agency. Ive also heard tho that if youve taken the ielts already and failed and in the system of the nursing board as doing so then they require you to take the test until you do pass.

Can you contact the NMC direct just to clarify it. I did mine last year as it was necessary then, I'm just wondering how long it will be before they move the goalposts again. Well at least mine is out of the way and I am registered even if I'm not quite living it yet.

BTW what speciality are you in?

Guest mandy.s

have just read about this and unsure what is going on, i have just e mailed my agent so hope to hear from them in the morning, i will be phoning them first thing

I just sat the test on saturday, and it was a nightmare due to time constraints, have to wait 13 days for results,

if it is the case about if u dont have a 7 in each part, then i want to stop my results being sent to the anmc,, AHHHHHHHHH not sure what to do,

from Mandy

Guest mandy.s

my agent has not got back to me today, i think they must be off due to the bank holiday,

i am just in from work so was unable to contact anyone today

has anyone heard anything today with regards to if this is true or not

Guest m.and.m

oh god how i can empathise with you, passed mine in May but the stress was immense!! keep positive and focused you will pass and the relief will flood over you like you cant imagine, really hope it all goes to plan Maria

Guest mandy.s

i have just been reading the registration requirements, from what i can gather all international applicants still have to sit the ielts test, but people from australia dont,

did people who train in australia have to sit this test before they could register, is this what they have stopped?????????

i think we still have to sit the test

can anyone shead anymore light on this

Guest nicandchris

Hi

Just heard from the agency who have confirmed that we still have to do the ielts exam as this is still a requirement for all UK nurses despite their level of english. Apparently the nursing board in oz have accepted that their statement is misleading and i think theyll be reviewing it. So Mandy good luck with yours and again fingers crossed for mine!!

Guest mandy.s

yes good luck to you too,

bit of a high then a low there ehhhh

never mind we were willing to sit it anyway so nothings changed,

hey but it would have been great if they had scrapped it for us

never mind i am sure we will both get there in the end

take care

from Mandy