SIR TO PR

Guest betty22

Guest betty22

Hi All,

this has been asked on the yellow screen as well so I thought I should put it on here for all you Lovely SIR people.

You can apply to SA Govt for sponsorship when you reach the 23 month mark(if you have not left the country) You need to go into the office in Pirie street and request it. This may take a month to be approved. You have to provide bills, school reports,tax returns, job reference etc to proove that you have been employed and resided for the 2 years in SA.

When you apply to DIMIA at the 2 year point you have to fill in the 47SK and the form 80(for everybody over 16) and provide the same evidence(ie bills, work reference etc) to DIMIA along with everything that is required for the 47sk. ie birth certs, passports,certificates etc (its a long list)

Everything you send to SA govt doesnt have to be certified. But every thing for DIMIA has to be. You can get this done at any main Libarary where a JP visits.

I have spent the last 2 weeks or so photocopying and getting everything signed ready for next friday when we can put the application into DIMIA. (just recieved SA sponsorship)

As for police checks not sure, but we have oz one done already as we work with children in a voluntary compacity.

Medicals we don't know. But hopefully not as we had FULL ones to come here with and were told at the time we didn't need new ones.

So keep everything when you come to OZ as you will need it 2 years down the track.

I am sure in time they will have a more simplified form as they already have everything on record. Hence why the 47sk. Anyway time will tell.

I just have to get new passport sized photos for the kids then roll on Friday when the package (yes it weighs nearly 1kg) goes in the post next friday.

Will let you all know when we progress to the next stage!! How long it will take who Knows!!

sorry forgot to say it cost $185 for the pleasure!!

All the best

Liz

Guest dglamoore

Thanks for that Liz

Congrats on your new sponsorship and good luck with getting your PR visa :D

Will keep this handy to use (hopefully) May 2009!!! Looking forward to meeting up with you when we get to Adelaide :lol:

Lisa x

Guest rockpool crab

Hi there,

I'm not normally all doom and gloom..but has anyone ever heard of a family not being granted Permanent Residency even if they've fulfilled the SIR Requirements i.e. lived for 2 years and workd for at least 12 months.

It still seems so risky eh..going on SIR temp. Just hoping it's a done deal and that they grant it ok if you've kept your side of the bargain. I don't know that I'll try and get the same line of work that I'm in now. I hope that wouldn't go against me when they come to review.

Thanks

Carol Ann

Guest betty22

Hi Carol Ann,

The SIR visa was implemented to get people into Australia, especially regional, of which Adelaide is considered to be. Since its inception the visa has been made easier by giving you 10 points so it is even more accessible to a wider range of people. Also the regulation concerning work have been revised so you now can work 2 part time jobs to fulfill the work criteria.

The SA government want people here and I cannot see that you would be refused PR as long as you Live and work here for the minimum of 2 years.

If this did happen there would be very few people opting for this visa and then it would defeat the object of trying to get people in.

IMO this visa is Risk free as long as you abide by the rules.

No worries

Liz

Hi Liz

Another question Im afraid we have our visa's (received them 31st January) and are coming down for a look see in April for a couple of weeks then we are planning to arrive for good around Oct/November (Have to be in by 4th Dec). I believe our 3 years starts from the April visit. but does our 2 years start from our October arrival :?

Sorry if this doesnt make sense Im just very confused :oops: and you seem to be the fountain of all knowledge.

Thanks for any info

Kim

Guest betty22

Hi Kim,

Yes your 3 years do start from when you first arrive in April and within that 3 years you have to do the 2 year living and 1 year working.

so if you arnt coming till later in the year your living bit will start when yoou come permanently. You have to proove that you have lived with bills etc.

so you will still have 2.5 years to comply with the requirements

Liz

Medicals we don't know. But hopefully not as we had FULL ones to come here with and were told at the time we didn't need new ones.

Liz

boz went to a seminar in December about transfer to PR from SIR and was told that unfortunately we have to all have full medicals again :evil: . We were also told that we only needed to do them for the initial SIR visa but apparently not. I'd love to know if you find any differently as we were going to get them done sooner rather than later.

Jo :)

Hi Liz

Thats really good news & less cost for you :) I was just wondering are most people on SIR495 applying for PR doing it independently? ie without an agency. We have an agency & I am sure you know it take a big chunk of the money, but worth it to get the visa :) just not so sure I want to pay again for PR :wink:

BTW Good luck with the rest of your application

Angela

Guest dglamoore
hi,

The latest news from the last meeting at begining of march was that you DO NOT need new medicals. Good news.

Our PR application is with DiAC now. So we will let you know how long it takes etc when we recieve more info.

Liz

keeping everything crossed for you - looking forward to seeing you get your PR :lol:

Lisa

Guest betty22

Angela,

Its very straight forward. There is no need for an agent.

All you have to do is get all your paperwork together and fill in the forms(47sk and form 80) but as I said I am sure in time this will be simplified as they already have this info. Don't forget we are guniea pigs at momment as we are among the first applying for PR.

Liz

• 5 months later...
Guest betty22
sept 1 changes - do these effect current sir holders?

HI,

Yes it does , but only the number , you now apply for a 887 visa and you now have to fill in a form 1276 (old 47sk)and form 80 you need proof of your living and working, ie employment records, rent agreements,bills,tax returns etc.

And thats about it.

Good Luck

Liz