• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Packing The House Up ... Emotionally Hard

ste and cheryl
      [QUOTE=Team 'W';141636]thats the hardest part hugging your mum and not wanting to let go ,cos you know its gonna be a while before you get to see her and be able to hug her again

This is the bit that's going to be the hardest for me :( I've been through it all before when my mum, dad and young brother moved to Cyprus for two years, and saying bye everytime I visited !!! She's my best friend and I hate the thought of being so far and not having girlie shopping days and lunches, not to forget the gossiping !!

We booked our flights about an hour ago ... a week on Saturday - 11th September and I am dreading sayign bye to my family :(

Thanks everyone for your replies and support
      Last edited by ste and cheryl; 31-08-2010 at 11:07 PM. Reason: .

Its going to be the most amazing time of your lives. You will experience emotions you never thought you could and you will find strength to get you through the toughest of times. Once you get on that plane your new life begins and the rollercoaster will really start!
      You will be so busy and stunned when you arrive that the first month will fly by (and by that time the sun will truly be shining for you!) and you will have already started making friendships.
      I wish you all the very best and if you're in the south and need a brew/beer/wine/cup of sugar or indeed airbed give me a shout!
      JC x
      ste and cheryl likes this.

McLaren Vale
      133 times
      Hi Cheryl

It dus get easier my darlin, and we have skype, so i get to see my mum quite often, its not the same as being able to give her a hug by all means,but you learn to cope with it,and when things dont go to plan and you feel a bit cheesed off ,yep again you cant just jump in the car and go round for coffee, but again you learn to cope,once you get in with a crowd of people its a lot easier and you start getting on with life here and arrangeing meet ups, you will love it...
      I wish you all the luck in the world, and ye when you arrive depending were you live we cud possibly meet up for coffee somewhere...

Just think your ADVENTURE is just beginning,and you will have a fabulous time exploring,theres loads to see,and the summer is just round the corner,you will be so busy tanning yourself,by the time you realize a year has passed...

Elaine xx

Quote Originally Posted by ste and cheryl View Post
      I know everyone on here has either been through it or is going to be doing it some time in the future, but I didn't think it'd be this emotionally hard !! Our house is no longer our home, everything that made us a couple and individuals has either gone or packed up waiting to go.

I know all these are material things and it'll all be worth it when we arrive in Adelaide.

I was even in Tesco buying all the upcoming birthday cards on Friday, one being my mums and I cried just reading the words and imaging my mum crying when she opens it and I'm not there

Good luck to everyone making the move !!
      Its sooo emotional isn't it??? We are off to Oz 9 weeks today and already the emotions are running very high...its a nightmare for me cause I hate crying infront of people. My closest friend is finding it so hard and not sleeping.....party is being organised by my friends and I get goose bumps just thinking about it.
      We move out of our house in 4 weeks and staying with friends so I can't even begin to imagine how I will feel when they take all our stuff away. My beautiful cat is off to my friends next week too and the thought of saying goodbye to my Dad and sister is going to break my heart!!!!
      We have gotta keep thinking about the wonderful opportunities that are awaiting us and cry when we want to or need to...gets it out of our systems!!!!
      Good luck to everyone and its comforting to know that other people are experiencing the same emotions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12