Packing The House Up ... Emotionally Hard

Guest ste and cheryl

Guest ste and cheryl

I know everyone on here has either been through it or is going to be doing it some time in the future, but I didn't think it'd be this emotionally hard !! Our house is no longer our home, everything that made us a couple and individuals has either gone or packed up waiting to go.

I know all these are material things and it'll all be worth it when we arrive in Adelaide.

I was even in Tesco buying all the upcoming birthday cards on Friday, one being my mums and I cried just reading the words and imaging my mum crying when she opens it and I'm not there :sad:

Good luck to everyone making the move !!

I know everyone on here has either been through it or is going to be doing it some time in the future, but I didn't think it'd be this emotionally hard !! Our house is no longer our home, everything that made us a couple and individuals has either gone or packed up waiting to go.

I know all these are material things and it'll all be worth it when we arrive in Adelaide.

I was even in Tesco buying all the upcoming birthday cards on Friday, one being my mums and I cried just reading the words and imaging my mum crying when she opens it and I'm not there :sad:

Are these feelings normal?

These are very normal feelings.You have so much time to remember all those happy times and the unknown of your future memories Its such an emotional rollercoatser ride but keep reminding yourself thats its also the start of your new exciting life.

keep strong and happy and its only a plane ride away from your mum

kathx

:wubclub: Been there and now exactly how you feel....

HG

It's always the things you expect to be easy that will hit you hardest. The things you're expecting to be hard, you're mentally prepared for...

Hang in there, go with the flow, and when it all gets a bit much, take a deep breath and yell "BLAAAAAAAA". You'll feel a bit silly, but it helps keep those stress hormones at bay.

Guest Team 'W'

HI hunny, you have to put it to the back of your mind cos it gets worse before it gets better,trying to get round to seeing everybody before you leave,and having a leaving party, saying goodbyes to the ones you dont see very often but its ok, then you get round to saying bye to the family closest and THATS the KILLER.....thats the hardest part hugging your mum and not wanting to let go ,cos you know its gonna be a while before you get to see her and be able to hug her again... packing up the house was exciting for us,watching box after box get loaded, then reality hit in straight away as the truck left our front door, and we thought oh ****, and your mulling round an empty house with the odd chair to sit on ,watching programs on a portable tv,that belongs to somebody else..sleeping on airbeds in sleeping bags,the last two nights in the uk was the worst nights of my life...and even then your asking each other is it the right thing to do,is this what we really want???and i can honestly say you have MEGA doubts...But the next thing you know you are sat on a plane and the adrenalin is pumping,your stuffing your faces with alcohol and food twenty four seven ,the plane is buzzing and your wondering what will be the first thing you do when you get here...WELL ill tell you NUTHIN ,cos your that knackered all you want to do is sleep...lol..And then the fun begins ....

It is totaly the biggest roller coaster ride you will ever get on and off in one piece...

Guest Annette and Tim

I know exactly where you are at, the few days before we left, I found myself in Asda doing exactly the same, buying birthday cards, and I found myself stood there crying!!! But I have been here for just over a year now and my life has never been as good, I have never looked back. My mum and brother came to see me in March and it was lovely and I look forward to seeing them again. Be strong, it will be difficult at first, but you will love it.

Guest Drumms

Ohh thank god its not just me!

We've just been visiting family and I've given my sister all of our blinds from our house. Just before we took them down I started sobbing. I SOOOO need to get a grip. We've got 13 weeks yet!

Good luck, hope it all goes well!

It's a real emotional rollercoaster.

If you can, try to get friends and family onto skype. The world is a smaller place when you can have daily contact.

If computers are not their scene then maybe sign up for a UK skype subsciption when you get here. For about $6 per month (excluding internet connection) you can phone any landline in the UK for as long as you like.

Tamara

Guest ste and cheryl
thats the hardest part hugging your mum and not wanting to let go ,cos you know its gonna be a while before you get to see her and be able to hug her again

This is the bit that's going to be the hardest for me :( I've been through it all before when my mum, dad and young brother moved to Cyprus for two years, and saying bye everytime I visited !!! She's my best friend and I hate the thought of being so far and not having girlie shopping days and lunches, not to forget the gossiping !!

We booked our flights about an hour ago ... a week on Saturday - 11th September and I am dreading sayign bye to my family :(

Thanks everyone for your replies and support :wubclub:

Guest guest3462

Its going to be the most amazing time of your lives. You will experience emotions you never thought you could and you will find strength to get you through the toughest of times. Once you get on that plane your new life begins and the rollercoaster will really start!

You will be so busy and stunned when you arrive that the first month will fly by (and by that time the sun will truly be shining for you!) and you will have already started making friendships.

I wish you all the very best and if you're in the south and need a brew/beer/wine/cup of sugar or indeed airbed give me a shout!

JC x

Guest Team 'W'

Hi Cheryl

It dus get easier my darlin, and we have skype, so i get to see my mum quite often, its not the same as being able to give her a hug by all means,but you learn to cope with it,and when things dont go to plan and you feel a bit cheesed off ,yep again you cant just jump in the car and go round for coffee, but again you learn to cope,once you get in with a crowd of people its a lot easier and you start getting on with life here and arrangeing meet ups, you will love it...

I wish you all the luck in the world, and ye when you arrive depending were you live we cud possibly meet up for coffee somewhere...

Just think your ADVENTURE is just beginning,and you will have a fabulous time exploring,theres loads to see,and the summer is just round the corner,you will be so busy tanning yourself,by the time you realize a year has passed...

Elaine xx

Guest liamcnaught

Its sooo emotional isn't it??? We are off to Oz 9 weeks today and already the emotions are running very high...its a nightmare for me cause I hate crying infront of people. My closest friend is finding it so hard and not sleeping.....party is being organised by my friends and I get goose bumps just thinking about it.

We move out of our house in 4 weeks and staying with friends so I can't even begin to imagine how I will feel when they take all our stuff away. My beautiful cat is off to my friends next week too and the thought of saying goodbye to my Dad and sister is going to break my heart!!!!

We have gotta keep thinking about the wonderful opportunities that are awaiting us and cry when we want to or need to...gets it out of our systems!!!!

Good luck to everyone and its comforting to know that other people are experiencing the same emotions

Lia