Police Checks - am I being thick

Guest taffgmg

Guest taffgmg

Hi - Would someone mind clarifying something please.

Regarding police checks I have followed the weblink on the Immigration website and it takes me to www.police.uk which is now defunct.

Where do I find the Police Check forms. Someone on another forum has sent me a link to a document which basically looks like a Data Protection request form for Devon and Cornwall Police who are my local force but at the top is states

"Police Forces in the UK do not issues documents variously describes as Certificates of Good Conduct or Police Clearance Certificates. Nor do they provide evidence of good character. It should therefore be noted that the exercise of your rights under the Sunject Access Provisions of Section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998 will not provide you with a certificate of this nature"

I check with Australia house in London and teh chap I spoke to said he couldnt help and that I should go to my local police station and ask

Anyone able to help.

Cheers

Martyn

Guest jen&ian

Hi,

yes what you've described is all you need, you can pick them up at your local police station, I think they cost £10, just fill it in & return it to them. There's a helpline no. on the form somewhere when I phoned with a querry regarding the form there was a helpful human on the other end - bonus!

Jen:cute:

Everyone is right in what they are saying, pick the forms up from the police station for a full uk disclosure check, fill in and take back to the police station along with your £10.00 fee and your passport and/or a certified copy of the original, (take your passport with you anyway so they can see the original against the copy and they will send the form away.

Hi,

I downloaded the subject access request forms from my county police web site, sent them off with credit card number, they acknowledged in a week and took 40 days to get back.

Simon

Guest dglamoore

HI Martyn

I just gave Middlemoor a call and they gave me an online link that I could print them off from or just pop into Heavitree and they will have the forms there :jiggy:and only over the road for you guys!!

Lisa:cute:

Guest addison

That would be part of the reason so many of us are off to Oz (hopefully) would be interesting to know how many migrants would be in UK if they had to jump thro so many hoops!! :err:

no children dont need checks well mine never,the results will take max 40 days to get a reply your next part will be medicals more exspence....the thing that gets to me is we have to do this work and spend lots of money and we still dont have a yes from oz when this country lets in everyone for free :arghh:

Not so sure about that Mr D, unless the rules have changed.

Both my kids (9 and 6 at the time) had to provide medicals checks - no blood tests or x-rays required but we did have to submit the paperwork (and we did have to pay).