Nursing registration

jaynem

Guest Trakki

apparently so I have been told they are stopping the ielts test if you have trained in an engliush speaking country for nurse registration. Have a look on the AHPRA website as the registrations are just going national rather than states so that mey help you a bit.

Hi Jayne,

My top tip is get your application in as soon as possible and spend some time ensuring your appliaction includes everything they need - application includes a handy checklist.

As from 1st July, Nursing registration for South Australia is through AHPRA and not NMBSA

AHPRA - AHPRA Home

Don't expect any communication from them when your application is in. I had a number of questions that needed clarification, but was advised by their voicemail to email the questions using the website. However, at no time have they replied. I did get through to the Adelaide AHPRA office once, but was told the lady who is the case officer processing South Australian nursing registration was at lunch:arghh:

If you google AHPRA and nursing registration you will find that registering with AHPRA is becoming a tricky thing to do nationally. Some nurses in Queensland are apparently talking about hiring a solicitor to sue AHPRA for loss of earnings!!

It is a difficult situation, South Australia and generally Australia require nurses, however they do not put the processes in place to allow them to start work. My employer has been waiting for me to get registration, it must be difficult for the hospitals too.

Guest mandiw76

Hi Jayne,

I'm just about to start my application process too and the APHRA registration standards DOES require all internationally qualified applicants to complete the IELTS academic test before you commence any further application/registration. I'm just waiting to sit mine. What type of visa are you applying for?

Guest leemina

In regard to registration, I got a full assessment done by the ANMC and they said they would pass details on when asked to, to the SA reg board, however with all the new changes, will this still be the case??? Hopefully we'll be there by Easter next year (fingers well and truly crossed) so when should I start the registration process. I've got SS and the 176 application was in a few weeks ago.

Thanks

Hi, new to the forum. Right at the start of this process and feel so confused. There are sooo many things to do I want to do 20 things at once and then end up doing none! Have looked at the IELTS a 100 times deliberating whether you actually have to do it but figure I best just bash on with it and have test date for 25th. Have nursing registraton form printed out and am busy shaking my head! Am a mental health nurse and really hope I figure all this out so I can get there!

hi! sent my application end of July by DHL and still have not heard anything from AHPRA other than the the one time l managed to get through to them on the phone and they confirmed that my application was in process and not to call again as they will be intouch if anything was needed. has anyone on this site got their registration with AHPRA yet?.Just make sure you follow that check list and send as much information thats required as possible and sit for your IELTS before you send in your application. Good luck!!!

Guest nicandchris

Hi im just working through my nursing registration form ie. ielts test booked, written to the HR departments for letters from them confirming my work status over the last 5 years, cv with the managers confirming that its correct for the last 5 years (waiting to give my current manager this) etc etc. Im trying to get all this sorted so that by xmas so that i will (hopefully) have everything that i need to send the form off then, christ its bloody expensive so i dont want to get anything wrong!!

I know this might be a stupid question but how did you get a job offer before IELTS, nursing reg etc? I am seeing jobs but think they will not be interested unless I am some way into process.

P.S Any top tips for the IELTS? What did you miss the first time?

Barbara

Guest nicandchris

Hi they were advertisng for RMS in the RCN mag ealier this year and you applied then and went for an interview and then offered a job in Adelaide. In relation to the ielts its very stressful and i thought that id actually not done too badly and passed however as previously mentioned i failed by one point on the reading aspect. There are lots of passages to read and really i dont think much time to answer them all but i would say that cause i got a 6 instead of a 7! Just get an ielts book out and work through it especially the reading part where im hearing lots of people saying that they failed on.

Hi, Ive had my skills assessed with ANMC, who have said they will pass papers etc on, when required, but when looking at the AHPRA site, it doesn't seem to allow for this. Now I consider myself a fairly intelligent lady, but this has thrown me some what, any advice.

Unfortunately you have to pass the IELTS even if you trained in an english speaking country,its an absolute must.Get it booked and out of the way as soon as you can and my advice is a get an IELTS book and do loads of practicing on the reading section,by far the hardest part.

Good luck