What it's like in Para Hills? (re playgroups)

Guest picklesmummy

Guest picklesmummy

Hi guys

We're moving out to Adelaide in a few weeks - my hubby has a job at UNISA that he starts mid October. He's already been out to Adelaide for a couple of weeks to look around and we've found a rental in Mawson Lakes. It looks gorgeous and I'm so excited :D

We have an 18mth old daughter and I'd like to take her to a playgroup to get to know some other mummies and for her to make some little friends... I have a list of local groups that a lovely lady from Playgroup SA sent me, and it seems that most near to us will be in Para Hills. Does anyone live in this area? What's it like please? Hubby stayed in Mawson Lakes and didn't really stray up that far, so he can't help. Thanks!!

PS. Anyone else arriving in the next few weeks? :wubclub:

Guest shella_n

Hi

I live in ML and I believe that there is a playgroup at the pre-school on Friday at about 11am. There is also something to Gymtots which I have taken by 3 year old too which is up at Ingle Farm (and other locations).

A great way to meet other mums etc is at the many parks in ML ive met heaps of people that way. Anything else you need to know abot ML just pm me.

Michelle

Hi,

Sorry can't help you with Para Hills playgroup but used to go to the one in Mawson Lakes when we lived there. It's quite busy so you may need to book in advance, the email address is :- mawsonlakesplaygroup@gmail.com.

I only live about 10 mins up the road in Wynn Vale and have a 2 year old little lad so you are also most welcome to come round for a coffee. There is a group of us from this website with little ones that meet at a park every Thursday morning if you would like to join us too.

Hope you have a good trip over.

Katie x

Guest picklesmummy

Hi Michelle

Thanks very much for that - actually I have heard of the ML playgroup, but the lady who runs it has said that it's oversubscribed at the moment and they have about 20 families on the waiting list too, so chances are we won't be able to attend this year. I have my daughter's name down on the list though :D The Gymtots one is news to me though - sounds good! I'll look it up. I'm really keen to get out there when we arrive, and meet some people... it was really sad saying goodbye to my friends here in the UK.

Hi,

Sorry can't help you with Para Hills playgroup but used to go to the one in Mawson Lakes when we lived there. It's quite busy so you may need to book in advance, the email address is :- mawsonlakesplaygroup@gmail.com.

I only live about 10 mins up the road in Wynn Vale and have a 2 year old little lad so you are also most welcome to come round for a coffee. There is a group of us from this website with little ones that meet at a park every Thursday morning if you would like to join us too.

Hope you have a good trip over.

Katie x

Hi Katie - I'd love to meet up some time, thank you! It'd be great to come to the park too, where abouts do you meet? :)

Thanks again ladies *wave*

Guest Grahame68

Hi all

I also live in Mawson Lakes and yes we got told the same about the ML playgroup being over subscribed. We have just moved to the area and are looking for places to take out 2 young boys aged 1 and 2. We might join the Gymbaroos classes in October in Gepps Cross. Other than that we would like to find other places to go.

Where do you meet up Katie. Would be good to get our 2 little ones to meet a few more people since moving over :-)

Grahame

Guest picklesmummy
Hi all

I also live in Mawson Lakes and yes we got told the same about the ML playgroup being over subscribed. We have just moved to the area and are looking for places to take out 2 young boys aged 1 and 2. We might join the Gymbaroos classes in October in Gepps Cross. Other than that we would like to find other places to go.

Where do you meet up Katie. Would be good to get our 2 little ones to meet a few more people since moving over :-)

Grahame

It's a shame about the ML playgroup, isn't it? I did hear though that there might be more sessions in the future to meet the demand, so fingers crossed :) I hope you manage to find somewhere to take your boys - and maybe we'll meet you all too when we arrive next month :)

Hi all

Grahame

Hi Grahame,

We meet at various places depending on the weather. If it's wet or cold we tend to meet at Wacky Warehouse in Newton or one of our houses. In the summer to tend to go to all different parks, some in North East Adelaide, or outskirts of the city or there is a lovely park near Norwood that has a big paddling pool (for those really hot days). You are most welcome to join us when you can. The kids ages range from 1 to nearly 4.

Another place I would recommend is the Kindergym at Tea Tree Gully Classes - Tea Tree Gully Gymsports, Womens Artistic Gymnastics, General Gym, Trampolining, Cheerleading, Kindergym it is much bigger than other Kindergyms and cheaper than the Gymbaroo.

I hope this helps let me know if you are interested and I will PM you my mobile details.

Katie