Beds - delivery times?

Guest picklesmummy

Guest picklesmummy

Hi

We didn't ship our bed to Adelaide so it's one of the first things that we'll need to buy! Does anyone know of somewhere in Adelaide where we can buy a bed and get it delivered asap? Any experience of how long delivery times are typically? I'm kind of hoping we can get most of our things within a week but maybe that's expecting too much! :cute:

Also, does anyone know of somewhere we can go to buy a travelcot please? I usually go to Mothercare for all my kids stuff but they don't seem to have a store in SA so I'm stuck! We did ship my daughters cot (without really thinking) so she's going to be without it for six weeks and is definitely too little to rough it on the floor with us!

Lecornu Furniture & Electricals on Anzac Highway will loan you a free trailer (they do have a maximum time limit) - so if you have a tow bar or can get a car with a towbar, then you can take the item with you as long as they have it in stock (which they usually do). They have a wide range of mattresses/ They also sell other bits and pieces of furniture and electrical.

Hi

We bought beds from Bed Warehouse on Magill Road late in the afternoon and they delivered the following day.

You can get travel cots from Target or K-Mart, or there is a baby shop (expensive) on Magill Road.

Guest The Dimmocks

We brought our beds from Lecornu and they could deliver within a few days. We had to wait a week but that was only because we didnt get keys for our rental until then. There are also a few Toys R Us's about one at Tea Tree Plaza, Noarlunga and one in the city, for baby things, but like stmatt said Target, K-Mart do Travel Cots so do Big W.

When you get off the plane, get your suitcases, look behind you, go to IKEA, and take the bed home with you.....sorted!

Good tip but you can get ripped off and it's hard shopping with little ones in tow but don't worry you will be fine. Don't forget Haggle Co and you can haggle at most shops to do a deal I have a friend who works for Harvey Norman and the mark up on their stuff is huge so ask for half off and you can meet in the middle... wish I had known this when we brought our stuff.

When you know where you are ask to borrow stuff and people will help you out no problem..

Good luck

Michelle

Good tip but you can get ripped off and it's hard shopping with little ones in tow but don't worry you will be fine. Don't forget Haggle Co and you can haggle at most shops to do a deal I have a friend who works for Harvey Norman and the mark up on their stuff is huge so ask for half off and you can meet in the middle... wish I had known this when we brought our stuff.

When you know where you are ask to borrow stuff and people will help you out no problem..

Good luck

Michelle

Ripped off in IKEA? More likely all the other shops mentioned surely!

Guest Chandan

Hi , Baby Bunting is the baby shop someone above was trying to remember, it has everything you will need for a baby.. but Target.com.au is probably the cheapest and Big W always have great priced baby stuff.. they do sell familiar brands etc..

We ordered our Bed from Le Cornu but we have to wait 6 weeks to get it. and same with some other places, depending if they have what you want in stock.. but a matteress on the floor is doing us well at the mo.. and LeCornu have loads of Matteress' to take on the spot.

When do you arrive? I have a 8 month old boy and will be selling some items probably at the end of this month when our shipping arrives.. (its taken 12 weeks so far so have outgrown a few things that are on the way.)

And also ask 'Is this the best price you can do?' (especially if yo uare paying cash) they knock everything down , but only if you ask, and dont feel shy.. we have saved $1000's because of my brothers advice..

Good Luck