Positive things about adelaide

Guest markjl

Hey All,

Ive got 4 weeks till i touch down and the emotions are all over the place! One min its happy then sad etc etc ( im sure you all know yourselfs )

Anyway was just hoping you could all share positive things about adelaide, places, experinces anything that will make me smile and forget about any worries i might have?:elvis:

Guest guest4829

Anyway was just hoping you could all share positive things about adelaide, places, experinces anything that will make me smile and forget about any worries i might have?:elvis:

Come up to the Barossa when you arrive, I'm sure after a wine tour you will be smiling and forget ALL about everything!!

Daniel

Stand at the look out point at the top of waterfall gully so you can see the whole of Adelaide and then the sea. Beautiful!

Go to central markets and try out all the different foods - Great fun!

Festival season is now upon us as well as the great weather on the horizon.

You are doing the right thing!!!!

:v_SPIN:

We've been here 3 years and loving it. For us its the lifestyle, more time, simpler pleasures, less materialistic and of course your coming when the weather is going to be fantastic. There's always something to do where ever you are in Adelaide the people are friendly and seem to have more time.

Its wonderful you will love it !!!!

kim

Great wine regions,

Beautiful beaches

people walk around heads up and always say gday/how it going

dolphins off the esplanade

lotsa wide open space

roos and koalas everywhere

bbq for dinner 4/5 times a week in the summer

great fishing

hot hot hot summer

lots of music festivals/conerts

lots of sport

and much much more...enjoy and embrace this lovely lady and she will not disappoint you..

HG

Great wine regions,

Beautiful beaches

people walk around heads up and always say gday/how it going

dolphins off the esplanade

lotsa wide open space

roos and koalas everywhere

bbq for dinner 4/5 times a week in the summer

great fishing

hot hot hot summer

lots of music festivals/conerts

lots of sport

and much much more...enjoy and embrace this lovely lady and she will not disappoint you..

HG

And me, and lots like me.

Come up to the Barossa when you arrive, I'm sure after a wine tour you will be smiling and forget ALL about everything!!

Daniel

Noooo! Come on down to McLaren Vale!!!!

We produce more and better wine down here :cute::cute:

THANKS GUYS! it really helps to hear positive stuff about Adelaide, makes you realise why your doing this!!

i love wine so im going to visit as many wine regions as i can :) and i love sunshine and beachs so sounds like Adelaide is the place for me!

Guest guest4829
Noooo! Come on down to McLaren Vale!!!!

We produce more and better wine down here :cute::cute:

That wine must have been getting to your head if you believe that! I accept that there are one or two decent wines down there but between the Barossa and Clare valley I think we have things pretty much sewn up in the north (although I must admit that no one produces sauvignon blanc like the kiwis)

Daniel

p.s the great thing about starting this debate is the fact that it will be so much fun trying to prove each other wrong!!

That wine must have been getting to your head if you believe that! I accept that there are one or two decent wines down there but between the Barossa and Clare valley I think we have things pretty much sewn up in the north (although I must admit that no one produces sauvignon blanc like the kiwis)

Daniel

p.s the great thing about starting this debate is the fact that it will be so much fun trying to prove each other wrong!!

Oooo - that's fighting talk that is!!!

For a start............

"I drink - therefore I am" :P

Dunno about having it sewn up - ya just have better press agents I reckon!

I'm a red man myself, starting with Shiraz as a base but enjoying some good blends now.

My favourite wineriess to visit ( and very scenic) ...

d'Arenberg wines, McLaren Vale. Chester Osborn. d'Arenberg wines The Dead Arm Shiraz, The Footbolt | d'Arenberg Wines South Australia

Coriole Vineyards | Welcome | Award winning wines from McLaren Vale, South Australia.

Chapel Hill Winery

Wirra Wirra

Apologies to the O/P - but worth checking the sites out ;)

Well have to say McLaren Vale seriously disappointed me and my folks at the weekend - had a huge breakfast before leaving home, so around 3-ish fancied a few glasses of wine and a wine platter. Called in at tourist info for recommendation on best place to go for platters, tootled on back to Leconfield (I think) only to be told we were too late - no food after 3pm! On a Sunday afternoon ffs!! How much effort can it be to put a few things from the fridge onto a plate (and charge us $35 for the privilege!)?

Anyway, went down to Tin Shed Cafe and had one of thir platters instead - but serious thumbs down to both the winery and the tourist info centre in McLaren Vale from us!!

Adelaide Hills (on the other hand) have some good wineries too - Barossa and Adelaide Hills tops for me!! Barratts my current fave in the Hills. Great wines, nice people, lovely platter!

Well have to say McLaren Vale seriously disappointed me and my folks at the weekend - had a huge breakfast before leaving home, so around 3-ish fancied a few glasses of wine and a wine platter. Called in at tourist info for recommendation on best place to go for platters, tootled on back to Leconfield (I think) only to be told we were too late - no food after 3pm! On a Sunday afternoon ffs!! How much effort can it be to put a few things from the fridge onto a plate (and charge us $35 for the privilege!)?

Anyway, went down to Tin Shed Cafe and had one of thir platters instead - but serious thumbs down to both the winery and the tourist info centre in McLaren Vale from us!!

Adelaide Hills (on the other hand) have some good wineries too - Barossa and Adelaide Hills tops for me!! Barratts my current fave in the Hills. Great wines, nice people, lovely platter!

You know what it was.....they knew you werent from round here....:D:D:biglaugh:

HG

Adelaide Hills is the best for me ............scenery is so much better than Mclaren Vale........... Nepenthe, the lanes , chain of ponds to name a few.........must be done in warmer weather imo :D