Medicals and non-migrating children

Guest Trakki

Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone could shed light on this. I was just reading another forum and saw a whole thread on non-migrating children having to have medicals aswell.

Pete has 2 other children age 14 and 16 who live with their mum. They are not coming with us but am sure will visit loads. According to the other forum we will have to get meds done for them aswell, the reason being that if anything happened to their mum they would come and live with us so the Oz government need to know they are healthy in case this happens before we get our visa.

I really hope this isn't so as we will then have to pay for us 2 and 6 children, the £ signs are rolling quicker and quicker :arghh:

Can anyone shed any light, can't find any info on DIAC web site.

Thanks

Tracey

Tracey,

I think you will find that the information you have read on the other forum is correct. We have friends moving over next year and they also have two other children which are not going with them but they also have to have medicals done, unfortunately this does mean spending even more money!.

Sorry!!!!!!

Julie

Guest Richard & Amanda

Just a quick query then about the medicals.

I notice that if you have piercings that you are required to have a HIV test.

I have pierced ears (only 1hole per ear!!!) I don't class this as body piercings really, to me

I thought they were referring to naval rings, tongues, noses etc etc.

Can anybody who has had a medical shed some light please or am I being naive?:wacko:

I'm afraid so! I have two children that aren't coming and whom are stay with their mother. Over the age of eleven they need a chest x-ray and over the age of fifteen they need blood test. Whether they are coming or not!

Just a quick query then about the medicals.

I notice that if you have piercings that you are required to have a HIV test.

I have pierced ears (only 1hole per ear!!!) I don't class this as body piercings really, to me

I thought they were referring to naval rings, tongues, noses etc etc.

Can anybody who has had a medical shed some light please or am I being naive?:wacko:

Hi, everyone apart from children have to have HIV blood test, if you have a piercing you will need another blood test hep B I think, they will charge extra for this, just phone one of the panel doctors and they can give you details and prices.

Simon

Hi Tracey,

I think I might have replied to this thread on the other site but I'm afraid yes its true. My husband has a son who lives in America and we had to go all through all this years ago. Fortunatly his ex wife was very accomodating and got things sorted out that end for us.

I guess its just one more hoop the Aus Gov want you to jump through!

J x

Guest shark bait

Hey whats another couple of hundred pounds when the end result will be that you can come over here and join us lucky folk:jiggy:+ you never know what the future has in store

EASY NOW maybe HARDER LATER

Guest sarahsmartiepants

yes they all have to have meds...just in case

Piercing means other body parts, not the ears.

Everyone over 15 has an HIV blood test!

Everyone over 12 I think has an xray

sarah

Hey whats another couple of hundred pounds when the end result will be that you can come over here and join us lucky folk:jiggy:+ you never know what the future has in store

EASY NOW maybe HARDER LATER

Unfortunately a few extra pounds means that the med will cost well over £1000. His daughter is 16 so adult price and his son is 14 so needs x-ray!! We were struggling to afford the meds with us and our 4 children so the extra £400 ish that we need is a real blow!!

Tracey

Guest paulocon

Hi Tracey, just seen your post - and you can get round this scenario as we did by sending in an affidivit ( i think i spelt that right) which states that your ex-partner is unwilling to allow your children to go for the medicals - I did this and it saved us hundreds of pounds (as they are not travelling over with us). PM me for more details if you need it.

Goodluck