Just days left to go now..!

Guest picklesmummy

Guest picklesmummy

It's Friday night here (Manchester) now, and we leave for Adelaide on Tuesday! We're stopping off via Singapore for a few days but by this time next week we should be in our new home in ML :D I can't wait to see Australia (for the first time!)

I'm excited and terrified all at the same time. We've had to ditch loads of stuff to keep our cases within the luggage allowance, but I heard from Pickfords today that our shipment should arrive about a fortnight after we do, so at least we'll get some things back then that we haven't seen for a while!

Anyone else on here arriving in October? :D

Also, bit random, does anyone know of any embroidery shops or classes in North Adelaide please?! Not top of my proirity list for when we first arrive in SA, but I'd love to join a local group or similar :D

It's Friday night here (Manchester) now, and we leave for Adelaide on Tuesday! We're stopping off via Singapore for a few days but by this time next week we should be in our new home in ML :D I can't wait to see Australia (for the first time!)

I'm excited and terrified all at the same time. We've had to ditch loads of stuff to keep our cases within the luggage allowance, but I heard from Pickfords today that our shipment should arrive about a fortnight after we do, so at least we'll get some things back then that we haven't seen for a while!

Anyone else on here arriving in October? :D

Also, bit random, does anyone know of any embroidery shops or classes in North Adelaide please?! Not top of my proirity list for when we first arrive in SA, but I'd love to join a local group or similar :D

Hi,

Good luck on your journey, we are also flying out of Manchester on Tuesday and we are stopping over in Singapore.

We fly Man=HR HR=Sing Sing=Adelaide with a 1 night stopover, let us know what flight you are on we might get to chat.

You will enjoy Adelaide its a beautiful time of the year.

Good luck & Best wishes

Les & Babs

Guest picklesmummy

Hi everyone and thanks for your best wishes! Well, our last night in the UK is finally here - we're both very nervous now. Be nice to just wake up and be there without the journey bit inbetween!

Hi,

Good luck on your journey, we are also flying out of Manchester on Tuesday and we are stopping over in Singapore.

We fly Man=HR HR=Sing Sing=Adelaide with a 1 night stopover, let us know what flight you are on we might get to chat.

You will enjoy Adelaide its a beautiful time of the year.

Good luck & Best wishes

Les & Babs

We're flying Manchester to Frankfurt, then Frankfurt to Singapore with a two night layover in Singapore, so I guess we won't cross over, which is a real shame. I would have loved to have had some company en-route from fellow soon to be ex-pats! :) Where abouts in Adelaide are you headed too? Have a safe journey and all the best :)

Guest picklesmummy
Well done! Enjoy your last few days in soggy blighty :)

Just read your siggy - you'll be on your way soon too! My hubby got his job offer back in Spring too, so I guess we've been on about the same timetable :) Have your things shipped already? Good luck with your journey :)

Hi everyone and thanks for your best wishes! Well, our last night in the UK is finally here - we're both very nervous now. Be nice to just wake up and be there without the journey bit inbetween!

We're flying Manchester to Frankfurt, then Frankfurt to Singapore with a two night layover in Singapore, so I guess we won't cross over, which is a real shame. I would have loved to have had some company en-route from fellow soon to be ex-pats! :) Where abouts in Adelaide are you headed too? Have a safe journey and all the best :)

Hi

We are staying in Salisbury East with friends until we can find a place to buy, hopefully before our container arrives in about 9 weeks.

Our son lives in Kurralta Park with his partner and our grandson.

If you have not been to singapore before its a great place to chill out and relax before you final flight.

Best wishes

Les & Babs

Guest picklesmummy

Well, we made it!! The weather here has been gorgeous so far although a bit more like home today :biglaugh: Thanks again to everyone for your best wishes. I've put an update in the welcome forum.

Les&Babs, I hope you had a good journey and are settling into life in Adelaide too :)

Px