RSMS VISA Granted!!!

Sears Family

Guest Django

Great news. Many congratulations. :jiggy:

Enjoy the planning and make a list of things to do and see before the big day. ;)

My advice is make the most of seeing friends and family as it may be a while, once you step on the first plane, before you get to see any of them again.

Oh and take that stupid grin off your face. ;):biglaugh:

Guest leemina

Congratulations Yvonne. Cant believe its been so quick, but then again employer sponsored is the way to go if you want a quick way in, I'm still waiting for a CO at the moment.:daydreaming:

Take a deep breath, get your list out, see family and friends and BOOK THAT FLIGHT!!!!! :jiggy::jiggy:

Keep us all updated. Take care.

Debbie

What a day !

Have/:

• resigned :sad:
  • booked a party (fancy dress for halloween of course!) :jimlad:
  • booked flights for the 11th November:jiggy:

and may well have found a tenant!!

Now all I need to do (aside my HUGE list) is find temp accomodation for 13th November for a couple of weeks ... hint if anyone can help!! :wubclub:

Guest Squareman

I'm in **** street. I heard this morning that 2 MONTHS after being told I am being sponsored for the RSMS visa, my employer has STILL NOT SUBMITTED his part of the application. The problem is, I was initially told that I would go on a 457 visa, which takes 4-6 weeks to process. I duly resigned from work, only to be told in the last week of my notice period that they would be sponsoring me on the RSMS visa. Great news in theory, but if it has taken some people 5 months to get it, it's going to mean that I an going to be unemployed for 7 months! I am at the top of my game in a small industry and everyone knows I am emigrating, so its all but impossible to get a job now. Other complications include the fact that my son should have started school already, which he can't do in South Africa and then the fact that we have received an offer on our house. The new folk will move in around end Nov, which means I am going to be both unemployed and homeless. I could scream...

I'm in **** street. I heard this morning that 2 MONTHS after being told I am being sponsored for the RSMS visa, my employer has STILL NOT SUBMITTED his part of the application. The problem is, I was initially told that I would go on a 457 visa, which takes 4-6 weeks to process. I duly resigned from work, only to be told in the last week of my notice period that they would be sponsoring me on the RSMS visa. Great news in theory, but if it has taken some people 5 months to get it, it's going to mean that I an going to be unemployed for 7 months! I am at the top of my game in a small industry and everyone knows I am emigrating, so its all but impossible to get a job now. Other complications include the fact that my son should have started school already, which he can't do in South Africa and then the fact that we have received an offer on our house. The new folk will move in around end Nov, which means I am going to be both unemployed and homeless. I could scream...

That's a shame! Had a delay at the start too, but only because my employer didnt realise they had to do the initial form to kick it all off! Are you using an agent at all that could help push things along?

Also depending on your age you could consider a working holiday visa (think you have to be under 31) but it gets turned around quickly.

Good luck with it all!

Guest Squareman

I'm 36, so that won't work. Will just have to bite the bullet, I guess. My employer is using an agent, but he isn't doing much to speed things up. He sent the contract to my employer by post nearly a month ago and it disappeared, but he didn't think to follow up on it. He just assumed that my employer was sitting on it. It puts me in a difficult situation because I can't exactly throw my toys out of the cot as my employer is doing me a HUGE favour by sponsoring me for the RSMS visa. They are lovely people and I can't wait to start work for them. I'm just in a difficult situation at the moment and will have to grin and bear it.

Hi congrats for getting PR,

Even i applied for rsms visa 119 sep 27th,

applied every thing except skill assesment my MA told not required for rsms,

Have u done skill assesment,

can u let me know u r time line like when co assigned,

eagerly waiting for mine my nomination got approved in 1 week hope same luck favours my visa

Hi congrats for getting PR,

Even i applied for rsms visa 119 sep 27th,

applied every thing except skill assesment my MA told not required for rsms,

Have u done skill assesment,

can u let me know u r time line like when co assigned,

eagerly waiting for mine my nomination got approved in 1 week hope same luck favours my visa

hi no I didn't need a skills assessment. All my dates are listed in my signature, all in all took 5 months :) the drag was waiting for a case officer!