Migration fees

Guest lolly 4

Guest lolly 4

Those of you who used an agent , could you give me an indication of the costs.I have been quoted about £5000 for all including:agents fees, skills assessment, visa apllication medicals, police checks,docs certified.This includes temporary work permit and permanent visa(RSMS/ENS).

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Seems a lot to me. When we applied the TRA application was £500 the visa was £1845 and the agent fees were £900.

We used migration solutions. They are here in adelaide the link is sometimes found on the top of thesepages

sarah

Guest lolly 4

Thanks for the advice i knew it was too much we were told we are a complicated case.If we ever get over there i will neeeed a hairdresser, cant go without having my hair done.

That seems a bit steep to me to! cant remember our fees exactly but I tink the agent charged between 1,200 and 1,400. the fees for the goverment and meds exetera were on top of that but I'm sure it didnt get anywhere near that. We are useing Go Matilder and have fond them gr8. have a good rep 2 you can also have a free chat befor signing up.

Hi

Agent is £1500, visa just over £900, Police checks x 3 £30, TRA about £300, Meds, x-rays blood tests (hiv and hep B&C) (have tats) x 3 plus 1 child £780, photos and a million certified copys and stat decs bout £50. appox £3000.

It ain't cheep becoming a Ozzie and still have flights and stuff to pay yet.

Tinax:arghh:

Guest dglamoore

Must agree that does seem very high :wacko: We used Go Matilda and paid £1490 fees plus TRA £120, Visa £850, Certified Copies £50, Police Checks x 2 £20, Meds & Xrays (1child 2 x adults with extra bloods) £475 so all in about £3000 also

Our flights were less than the difference between our price and your agents quote so quite a difference when every penny counts getting here :confused: Might be worth you contacing a few more agents for quotes. Ours was also not the easiest case with a very complicated TRA but would not warrant paying another £2000 :huh: Good Luck!

Lisa:v_SPIN:

Those of you who used an agent , could you give me an indication of the costs.I have been quoted about £5000 for all including:agents fees, skills assessment, visa apllication medicals, police checks,docs certified.This includes temporary work permit and permanent visa(RSMS/ENS).

Hi,

what trade will you be going out under? some building trades on the skills list saying TRA is the assessing body, since 1st of September, for UK and citizens from a few other countries are now assessed by vetassess including written and practical exams in UK that cost together $2100 - $2200, this may explain some of the money that other people did not have to pay. On the other hand they may just be expensive!

Simon

do you know what im scared to think how much ive spent on getting my visas sorted but i think its close to 4-5k plus ive yet to pay for container £3000 and flights £8000 (going first class singapore airways again);)
Why are you scared to think about visa prices when you are flying first class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest lolly 4

Hi soggy, dont know what body will be assessing yet.Hubbies a chemical process technician we have been told its not trade or managerial/ professional, so this may be the complication.Duncan clan yes it is frightening the costs of migrating I agree.

Hi soggy, dont know what body will be assessing yet.Hubbies a chemical process technician we have been told its not trade or managerial/ professional, so this may be the complication.Duncan clan yes it is frightening the costs of migrating I agree.

Hi, without knowing the details of your husbands job the closest "sounding" from the skills list is chemical plant operator, or petroleum and gas operator or Chemistry Technical Officer, the last one is assessed by vetassess the first two by TRA the first two are not on the skilled migration list and you would need to use the employer nomination scheme visa, in which case maybe sending his CV direct to employers or employment agencies may be a good place to start, they may help with visa application and you can do away with visa agents the last one is a 40 point job but there is no expensive assessment in UK.

Check out this site to see the job descriptions

http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/0/5c244fd9d252cfc8ca25697e00184d35?OpenDocument

your looking for code 4987-11, 4987-13, 3112-11

hope this is of some help

Simon

Why not do it without an agent. You can download all the forms. We have done it ourselves because afer all you need to provide all the infomation for the agent. So far it has cost us $630(£282.00) to register with nursing council $20 (£9.00) to register with nursing council of the area I will be working in. $2080 (931.01) for the third part of the visa. £40 pounds to have certificates certified. £30 registered post (I think we have actually paid less). £40 for police checks £500 for medicals. £2 on telephone calls to Aus. Emails sent to Aus and £5.00 to cover the paper cost for printed applications. You need to down load 2 copies of each. Or download one copy and photocopy it prior to sending, just in case any get lost in the post. Total cost without agent £1800.00

Guest lolly 4

thankyou everybody for such invaluable information.We may end up applying ourselves.Have applied to employers direct and all have said they are interested when we have a visa.