887 Visa Grant

Guest AKH5

Hello all,

I just wanted to post a general bit of info out there that most of you may know anyway but hey ho ....

I submitted our application for PR 887 visa after being on SIR visa for 2 years and fulfilling all the requirements on August 20th this year and PR visa was granted yesterday. It only took 6 weeks ! When you apply online I highly recommend scanning and uploading anything and everything you can think of to evidence your work and stay in SA and all personal info straight away. I also uploaded all personal info docs again that I'd supplied for previous visas, just in case, because it was a different processing centre this time and who knows who talks to who and what access they have to systems. I didn't assume that they would have the docs from before. We were assigned a case officer after 10 days. I didn't do the federal police checks until they asked for it and even that only took about 10 days to come through anyway. The whole thing was so totally painless and easy compared to previous visa processes that I'm still in shock it came through so quickly. So, everyone, good luck with your applications. Hope that you all love it here as much as we do. BRING ON SPRING :jiggy:

Kate

Guest Django

Top post. Congratulations on the visa. You are dead right. Don't assume anything. When you lodge your visa pretend you are sending your stuff off to someone that needs to know everything but knows nothing about anything. You cannot give too much info.

Well done you. Summer is coming. :biglaugh:

Guest Matey2

Big congratulations!

We will be applying next year. Can I ask if you did police checks for the UK for the time between your visa grant and leaving the UK. We were in the UK for 6 months after our grant and are not sure if we need them or not.

the thing is that we were in Sydney for 18 months on a different visa before we came to ADL so that didn't actually apply to us. But I scanned and uploaded our old UK Police checks from 2008 again anyway. As I said in my original post, I wanted to cover every possible angle so sent them everything just in case. I suspect that you won't need one as you'll have been here for 2 years when you apply and they'll just want and AFP check. But if you want to be sure and not have a delay on your hands when the time comes get it done in advance nearer the time and send it to them anyway when you're eligible. Someone else out there in the same situation as you who has got their PR may be able to confirm this or tell us differently. Sorry not to be able to be of more help here. Kate

Guest wijaya

Congratulations.

From another angle about police checks. We went for on Arrival Information session two weeks ago, and one of speaker was from DIAC who processed 475 into 887. She suggested that when you submit your case, don't do health check or police check, because you might not need to do them. She said wait untill being told.

So if you already have it, you could submit them. If not, waiting probably won't harm your chance. She said currently all 475 will be dealth within 3 months.

Regards

wijaya

Guest apedamak

Congratulations AKH5 and wishes for your citizenship soon:cute:. I myself was on 495 in WA, and I got my 887 in just 28 days, and you are right I uploaded everything including the Federal Police Check as I applied for it two weeks before lodging my application. I didn't get any communication from DIAC apart from the Visa Grant Advice email, then I went to Perth and in 5 minutes I have the visa label in my passport. Sooo cool:cute:

Big congratulations!

We will be applying next year. Can I ask if you did police checks for the UK for the time between your visa grant and leaving the UK. We were in the UK for 6 months after our grant and are not sure if we need them or not.

Hi Guys, YES You will need NEW police checks from the UK if you have spent more than 3 months there. We did a reccy in April validated our visa's, bought our house ect, then went back to UK packed up and shipped our stuff over and arrived in August ... we learn the hard way and had a worrying time as we couldnt work out what our case worker wanted until we phoned and spoke to someone else. So if you have spent time out of OZ you will need to list all places you have been to and supply new police checks if you have spent over 3 months out of the country.

Hope this helps

Kim

Hi Guys, YES You will need NEW police checks from the UK if you have spent more than 3 months there. We did a reccy in April validated our visa's, bought our house ect, then went back to UK packed up and shipped our stuff over and arrived in August ... we learn the hard way and had a worrying time as we couldnt work out what our case worker wanted until we phoned and spoke to someone else. So if you have spent time out of OZ you will need to list all places you have been to and supply new police checks if you have spent over 3 months out of the country.

Hope this helps

Kim

Thanks Kim, that's really helpful. It means we can apply for them in good time before the visa lodgement. :wubclub: