176 S/S Visa for South Australia

Guest rodgeviper

Guest rodgeviper

Hi everyone,:jiggy:

Ive been waiting for a case officer since February, Ive checked the NEW and just released list and my trade is still on the list so I was Just wondering how many people are in the same boat.

cheers

:jiggy:

Guest leemina

How did I miss that the SMP had been released early?? I've looked on the immi website and cant find the info, could you put a link to the page???

We applied for 176 on 17/8/10 and thinking we were cat 3 and awaiting SMP to be released to hopefully jump to cat 2, do you think this is now the case??

Thanks

Guest rodgeviper
How did I miss that the SMP had been released early?? I've looked on the immi website and cant find the info, could you put a link to the page???

We applied for 176 on 17/8/10 and thinking we were cat 3 and awaiting SMP to be released to hopefully jump to cat 2, do you think this is now the case??

Thanks

General skilled migration :: Make The Move

;)

Guest rodgeviper
we are still waiting and we allpied nov 09 and we are on intrim list.

STILL WAITING..... sshheesshh thats 11 months. are you using an agent? i was informed that the 176 sponsored visa should take 6-8 months for a case officer. I know that things are running slow due to elections and reform and all that but didnt realizes how slow. :arghh::realmad:

oh well we still got to shift the house first anyway with visa or without so might as well keep going.

:skeptical:

STILL WAITING..... sshheesshh thats 11 months. are you using an agent? i was informed that the 176 sponsored visa should take 6-8 months for a case officer. I know that things are running slow due to elections and reform and all that but didnt realizes how slow. :arghh::realmad:

oh well we still got to shift the house first anyway with visa or without so might as well keep going.

:skeptical:

Yes we are using an agent but still going slow. We are having no look with selling our house and now have a baby due in 7 weeks so hopefull things will start moving soon good look with your visa let me know when you get allocated a co and i will do the same.

Guest guest3462

I have spoken to diac and they have informed me that they are currently processing visas that were applied for in sept 08 and hope to be up to date by the end of the year..... Hold on guys won't be long now hopefully xxx

Guest Matt & Suzi

I have just been on the link and it say's

While we await the finalisation and implementation of the State Migration Plan and the State Sponsored Migration List (SSML)

I am missing something? We can't apply until the list is finalised coz we don't know if our occupation is on it.

Please help. Thanks kind people

Suzi

Guest guest3462

He told me that they have extra personnel working to get thru the applications. I suppose all we can do is sit tight and wait. I think if I ring diac once more they'll put my app in the bin, they must be sick of hearing my voice!!!!

Guest rodgeviper

hi matt and suzi,

from what i gather they have re-opened there sponsorship on a small scale and only excepting skills on that list at the present time until the main list has been confirmed.

hi churchj1 yeah i Imagen they get calls all the time, ive been emailing my agent once a month encase any news is available but i think he's getting abit tired of it too.

but i shall keep my fingers crossed, im so looking forward to going.

Im going over as a mechanic, what is everyone else going over as?

Well, daft as it sounds we have been here for almost 2 years as a Dr and nurse!! it defo doesn't make it any easier though being here already!

hi, i see youre living at aldinga beach,whats this area like for a family?,my children are 7,4 and 19 months old.are there nice schools there and a nice shopping centre ?. my husband is an electrician but we would like to renovate housesndo you think this is a good area for this. I am asking you because you seem so helpful-hope you dont mind,clare x:)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest3462

Hi Clare, sorry for late reply, been away camping in our new trailer!! Aldinga Beach is a lovely place to bring your family up. There are several good schools here both state and private and 2 high schools (one of the in Willunga nearby). I have 2 little girls 3 and 4 years old and one on the way and feel very happy that the kids can play out and be safe and have plenty to do. we are a five minute walk from a beautiful beach, there are loads of lovely, well kept playgrounds and there is a cub scouts, surf lifesavers and plenty of sports clubs in Aldinga. I send my children to Willunga school purely out of personal preference, and the fact that we are not yet permenant residents has stopped us from paying for private schooling just yet.

There is an awful lot of new development in Aldinga at the moment with 3 housing estates going up in the 2 years we have been here, but there is a side of Aldinga that would be right up your street for refurbs and renovation work. Most of the houses not on the new estates have been up for years and 99% of them need seriously updating imo!!

It takes about an hour to drive into the city from here so your hubby would probably have to endure some of a drive to get to work, but when we were in UK we only lived 5 miles from our work still it sometimes took just as long to get there!!

There is a shopping centre in Aldinga that is being extended at the moment, we have a Coles supermarket but Foodland opens up next month (very good news!!) they are also currently building a McDonalds and there will be about 30 shops in the shopping centre when its done. We also have a really good post office. Bigger shopping centres are the collonnades in Noarlunga, which has most of the major stores, and is about a 15min drive down the expressway, and if you want a proper shopping centre like Meadowhall of the trafford centre then there is the Westfield centre at Marion which is huge and has every shop you need as well as restraunts and bowling and cinemas and a 25 min drive from here.

All in all, I am a fan of Aldinga Beach, our little family have settled in really well and would hate to leave here for now, we have loads of friends and a great social life and i would recommend it to everyone who doesn't mind being a way away from the city. If you have any more questions please giive me a shout!

Filozima, why wouldn't she need all these details? Planning the biggest move of your life in moving your family across the world has to include meticulous planning and research if you want it to succeeed. If you come here on a whim then life can be very difficult. This forum is such a valuable tool for families hoping to make the move to Australia. I wish i had access to it when we were still in the UK planning our move, and hope that the info I have learned since and now pass on to others is a help to them. I really hope that you do your research if you are seriously moving here as you will be in for a big big shock if you think you can just turn up at the airport and settle straight in!!!

thankyou sooooo much,what a really helpful post.like you said its difficult trying to work out what best for you all as a family,we have tried to research as much as possible,reading all about the different places to live but actually being in contact with someone whos actually living there is the best without a doubt,Also great news that you were camping,we love camping and i actually put a post on here a few weeks ago asking wether it was worth bringing our camping things with us and wether it was popular in australia,we had lots of replies saying defo bring it all with us so thats great for us .We are just waiting for the smp to come out which we were told were supposed to be out by today at the latest but no news as yet :-( it seems to be taking for ever. If we are on the new smp we will be moved to priority 2 which will hopefully speed us up. Thanks once again for being so helpful,clare x

Guest Angie12

Hi i would just like to also say thank you for this very usefull info as we are also waiting to apply at the mo and it is very frustrating !! But while we wait i'm doing lots of research as where we would like to live, what areas will be good for our 2 sons etc.

Thanks again :D

Angie