help/info wanted on dog flights

Guest Nicky&Andy

Guest angiestaff
my dog is in the air on his way to sydney , where he will be for 28 days, does anyone know the cost of flying him back to adelaide.

hi

we flew 2 staffies from sydney to doorstep in adelaide in may 2009 and it cost just over $1000, we used jetpets

ange

p.s sorry forgot to say that is was on a saturday which apparently was more expensive than a week day flight

Guest back clan
my dog is in the air on his way to sydney , where he will be for 28 days, does anyone know the cost of flying him back to adelaide.

hi

can't work this one out you send your dog from uk - sydney & have'nt sorted out how to get him from sydney - adelaide how strange could you not of organised that before the dog left the uk?

Hi Nicky & Andy,

Our dog just arrived in June (German Shephard) and my sister inlaws dog we didnt book flights until less than a week before they were due out of Quarantine, we booked with a company and they wanted $1000 for both then we found someone cheaper so we cancelled the original company(sorry I cant remember the name of the company) $600 for both dogs!! good luck with your search.

Janet

Guest WhatNow?

Your dog's ticket cost will be worked out on freight rates (they weigh them as you drop them at the freight terminal and you won't know exactly until then how much it will be) and it will depend on the weight of the dog plus the weight of the crate. If you use the wooden crate he came over in, it could work out a lot dearer than buying a light weight crate from a pet shop (which you may possibly use again at some stage) and using that. It depends really how big a dog you have and how much of the weight will be 'dog' and how much 'crate'! I left my cat's wooden crate at Spotswood and used a lighter plastic one. You also need to allow plenty of time to check in at the airport as the freight area is separate from the main terminal.