Hello everyone, ive joined to forum today and im seeking all and every advice about moving to Adelaide. Im a current serving police officer and will be transfering across to SA police as soon as they start to recruit again which hopefully wont be long (finger crossed!) and am very lucky to have work and a place to stay when i go. The force will put me up for the first 3 months then after that its down to me to find a house. I done tons of research but i thought more adivce couldnt hurt and im hoping im in the right place!
1. Which are the best areas of the city to live?
2. Can i live outside the city and still get to anywhere in 20 mins like all the websites say? (mmm) Or better still can i live by the beach on my wage alone just like the dream!?
3. Are they welcoming over there? Or will i be seen as just another pom?
4. I sit here on a dull cloudy day and cant help but see a better (and yes i know) very different life over there? Do you all agree?
5. I have no ties, no children, no debt etc and my house is up for sale in preperation in which i have some good equity. Im in a good positions surely?
6. Anyone who can offer any advice will be a friend!